YING YANG MARINADE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
|1/2 cup soy sauce|
|1/4 cup scallions or 1/4 cup green onion, finely chopped|
|2 tablespoons brown sugar|
|1 tablespoon honey|
|1 garlic clove, minced|
|1/4 cup fresh lime juice|
|1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (though I use “100% Pain” Hot sauce)|
|8 -10 diced hot red chili peppers|
- For Porkloin: Make several small incisions in the pork loin and stuff the chili peppers into the incisions periodically as you marinate.
- Marinate overnight (or 24 hours for best flavor) being sure to turn the pork loin in the marinade every couple of hours.
- Grill over medium heat (I use a mixture of charcoal and hickory chips) about 30-40 minutes per pound.
- Should yield enough marinade for 2 1lb. loins.
Calories 215.9, FatContent 1.1, SaturatedFatContent 0.1, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 4047.1, CarbohydrateContent 46.5, FiberContent 4, SugarContent 33.6, ProteinContent 11.5
YIN-YANG SALMON RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: rplackter
Categories: Baked Salmon
Total time: 1 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
|½ cup hot red pepper sauce|
|½ cup brown sugar, or to taste|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|1 tablespoon honey|
|2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 (2 pound) boneless salmon fillet|
|¼ cup chopped green onions|
|1 pinch salt|
|1 pinch freshly ground black pepper|
- Stir together the hot sauce, brown sugar, butter, honey, and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir continuously for 3 to 4 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is well blended. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Coat a casserole dish with olive oil. Poke holes in the salmon with a fork, then place into the dish. Pour reserved sauce over the fish, top with green onions, and season with salt and pepper. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 C).
- Bake salmon in preheated oven, uncovered, until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 25 minutes.
Calories 382.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 22.1 g, CholesterolContent 84.6 mg, FatContent 20.8 g, FiberContent 0.2 g, ProteinContent 26.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 5.7 g, SodiumContent 598.2 mg, SugarContent 21.1 g