PEPERONCINI CHICKEN RECIPE | BON APPÉTIT
This one-pan chicken dinner gets two times the flavor from using both the peppers and the pickling liquid in a jar of peperoncinis. gateaux au chocolat moelleux recettes.
Provided by: Grant Melton
Yield: 4 Servings
|2 lb. skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (6–8)|
|1½ tsp. Diamond Crystal or ¾ tsp. Morton kosher salt, divided|
|¾ tsp. freshly ground pepper, divided|
|3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided|
|1 lb. fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise|
|10 peperoncini, plus ½ cup brine|
|2 garlic cloves, finely grated|
|1 tsp. dried oregano|
|½ medium red onion, thinly sliced|
|3 celery stalks, thinly sliced (about 1 cup), plus celery leaves for serving|
|2 Tbsp. chopped parsley|
- Preheat oven to 425°. Sprinkle chicken thighs all over with 1 tsp. Diamond Crystal or ½ tsp. Morton kosher salt and ½ tsp. pepper. Coat a large cast-iron skillet with 1 Tbsp. oil. Arrange chicken thighs, skin side down, in pan and place over medium heat. Cook, undisturbed, until skin underneath is browned, 14–16 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss potatoes, peperoncini, garlic, oregano, remaining 2 Tbsp. oil, ½ tsp. Diamond Crystal or ¼ tsp. Morton kosher salt, and ¼ tsp. pepper in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Turn chicken over. Add potato mixture to pan, arranging snugly around thighs. Pour peperoncini brine around edges of pan and give pan a shake to evenly distribute. Transfer skillet to oven and roast until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender, 40–45 minutes.
- Remove skillet from oven and transfer chicken and peperoncini to a plate. Place skillet over high heat and cook potatoes, stirring often, until coated in drippings and glossy, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in red onion, sliced celery, and parsley.
- Place chicken and peperoncini on top of vegetables and scatter some celery leaves over.