RECIPE: INDONESIAN-STYLE FISH WITH TAMARIND-TURMERIC SAUCE …
|1 tablespoon canola oil|
|1 yellow onion, coarsely chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 teaspoon fine sea salt|
|1 teaspoon ground turmeric|
|1/4 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes|
|4 teaspoons tamarind paste|
|1/2 cup coconut milk|
|1 (8.0-ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained|
|4 (6.0-ounce) fillets red snapper, grouper, rockfish or barramundi, skin on|
|1/3 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced|
- In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and salt; cook until very tender, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in turmeric and chile flakes and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
- Meanwhile, dissolve tamarind paste in 1 cup hot water. Strain out and discard any seeds or stems.
- Add liquid to the skillet and stir to mix well.
- Carefully transfer mixture to a blender and pulse until just chopped.
- Return liquid to the skillet.
- Add coconut milk and bamboo shoots and bring to a boil.
- Add fish fillets, skin side down. Spoon sauce over fillets, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 15 minutes or until fish is opaque throughout.
- Garnish with basil.
Calories 290 calories, FatContent 12 grams, SaturatedFatContent 6 grams, CholesterolContent 65 milligrams, SodiumContent 700 milligrams, CarbohydrateContent 8 grams, ProteinContent 36 grams
VEGAN THAI MASSAMAN CURRY | THE WHOLE FOOD PLANT BASED …
Provided by: Jill Dalton
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
|1 onion, roughly chopped5 cloves garlic, minced2 carrots, diced2 potatoes2 heads of broccoli2 cans coconut milk1/2 cup peanut butter1 cup water2 dates2 Tbsp tamarind paste2 inch knob ginger1 tsp turmeric1 tsp cumin1/2 tsp cinnamon2 tsp red curry paste1 tsp ground dried lemongrass4 cups water1 Tbsp Braggs liquid amino acids|
- Add a couple tablespoons water to a large pot.
- Turn burner on medium high.
- Add onions, garlic, carrots and potatoes.
- Cook for a few minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until sauce is thick and creamy.
Calories 2688, FatContent 20 grams
TAMARIND RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Charlotte Morgan