EDNA’S CREAM STICKS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
|2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast|
|1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)|
|1 cup warm whole milk (110° to 115°)|
|2/3 cup sugar|
|1/2 cup butter, softened|
|2 large eggs|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|6 to 7 cups all-purpose flour|
|Oil for deep-fat frying|
|3 tablespoons flour|
|1 cup whole milk|
|1 cup butter, softened|
|1 cup sugar|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1/4 to 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar|
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar, butter, eggs and salt; mix well. Stir in enough flour to form a soft dough. Do not knead. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. , Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 15×8-in. rectangle. Cut into 3×1-in. rectangles. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. , In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry, a few at a time, until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels., For filling, in a small saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly; cool. , In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Add cooled flour mixture; beat until fluffy. Gradually beat in enough confectioners’ sugar to achieve a spreadable consistency. , While sticks are still warm, make a cut in the top of each; fill with filling.
Calories , FatContent , CholesterolContent , SodiumContent , CarbohydrateContent , FiberContent , ProteinContent
NICKEL CITY CHEESE STICKS | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
I didnt have Mozzarella. So I used Extra Sharp NY white Cheddar. And Boyyyy, was that good!
I hope you enjoy these, I know I did!
By the Way…If you’re wondering why these are called “Nickel City Cheese Sticks” I’m from Buffalo…A.K.A The Nickel City 🙂
Provided by: Anthony Nicometi Jr @AnthonyNicometi
Categories: Cheese Appetizers
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|1 – brick, ny extra sharp white cheddar|
|4-6 slice(s) panko or regular breadcrumbs|
|1/4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder|
|1/8 teaspoon(s) ground cumin|
|1 cup(s) flour|
|3 – eggs|
|1/4 teaspoon(s) milk or half & half|
- Cut Brick of cheese into 1/4 Sticks
(Similar to picture. Or any other shape you desire)
And Put them in the freezer to firm up slightly/
- Mix together Breadcrumbs, Garlic Powder and Cumin, set aside near your Breading station
- Set up a Breading Station with 3 Different Containers
1 Containing the 1 cup of Flower
1 Containing the Eggs and Milk
1 Containing the Spiced Breadcrumbs
- Dip in this order. Flour, Egg, Breadcrumb, Egg, Breadcrumbs again.
- Repeat until all sticks are coated. Then Put into the Freezer for 8-10 minutes to allow coating to adhere.
- Fry in 350 degree oil for 2-4 minutes or untill golden brown and delicious!