RED SAUCE FOR PIZZA RECIPE | BON APPÉTIT
Provided by: Joe Beddia
Yield: Makes about 3½ cups
|2 garlic cloves, finely grated|
|1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1½ teaspoons fine sea salt|
- Whisk garlic, tomatoes, oil, and salt in a medium bowl. Don’t be tempted to add more salt; the flavor will concentrate when sauce is baked with pizza. Cover and chill 3 hours to let flavors come together before using.
- Do Ahead: Sauce can be made 1 week ahead. Keep chilled.
PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Esther Clark
Total time: 55 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Yield: makes 4-6 pizzas
|2 tbsp olive oil|
|1 small onion, finely chopped|
|1 fat garlic clove, crushed|
|2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes|
|3 tbsp tomato purée|
|1 bay leaf|
|2 tbsp dried oregano|
|2 tsp brown sugar|
|1 small bunch basil, finely chopped|
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a low heat, then add the onion along with a generous pinch of salt. Fry gently for 12-15 mins or until the onion has softened and is turning translucent. Add the garlic and fry for a further min. Tip in the tomatoes and purée along with the bay, oregano and sugar. Bring to the boil and lower the heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 mins or until thickened and reduced. Season. For a really smooth sauce, blitz with a stick blender, otherwise leave as is.
- Stir the basil into the sauce. The sauce will cover 4-6 large pizza bases. Keeps well in the fridge for 1 week or stored in a container in the freezer.
Calories 120 calories, FatContent 6 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 1 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 12 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 11 grams sugar, FiberContent 3 grams fiber, ProteinContent 3 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.04 milligram of sodium
EASY HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Frank Sweterlitsch
Categories: Pizza Sauce
Total time: 3 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 1/2 cups
|1 ½ cups water|
|1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste|
|⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|½ tablespoon dried oregano|
|½ tablespoon dried basil|
|½ teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed|
|salt and ground black pepper to taste|
- Mix together water, tomato paste, and olive oil in a large bowl or jar. Add garlic, oregano, basil, rosemary, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Let sauce stand for several hours to let flavors blend. No cooking is necessary; just spread on dough.
Calories 104.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 4.7 g, FatContent 9.5 g, FiberContent 1.2 g, ProteinContent 1 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.3 g, SodiumContent 169.5 mg, SugarContent 2.6 g