FLANK STEAK MARINADE RECIPE – HOW TO GRILL OR BROIL FLANK STEAK
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: dairy-free,nut-free,dinner party,weeknight meals,dinner,grilled,meat
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 4 servings
|1/3 c. extra-virgin olive oil|
|1/4 c. reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|2 tbsp. lime (or lemon) juice|
|2 tbsp. packed light brown sugar|
|2 lb. flank steak|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, soy sauce, lime juice, and brown sugar. Add steak and toss until coated. Marinate for at least 30 minutes, up to 2 hours.
- Remove steak from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Season lightly with salt (remember that there’s soy sauce in the marinade) and pepper.
- To grill: Preheat grill to medium-high. Place steak on grill and cook to your liking, about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. (Cooking time will vary due to thickness of your steak.)
- To broil: Preheat oven broiler to high. Place steak on a sheet pan and cook, turning once halfway through, until cooked to your liking, about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. (Cooking time will vary due to thickness of your steak.) Let rest before slicing and serving.
MARINATED FLANK STEAK RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: GUYCON
Categories: Flank Steak
Total time: 2 hours 25 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|½ cup vegetable oil|
|⅓ cup low-sodium soy sauce|
|¼ cup red wine vinegar|
|2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|1 ½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tablespoon Dijon mustard|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|½ teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1 (1 1/2-pound) flank steak|
- Whisk together oil, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, garlic, and pepper for marinade in a 9×13-inch glass baking dish until thoroughly combined.
- Add flank steak to the baking dish; turn several times to coat thoroughly with marinade. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 to 6 hours, or up to 12 hours if you have time.
- When ready to cook, preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove steak from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Cook steak on the preheated grill for about 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Calories 363.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 3.5 g, CholesterolContent 45.8 mg, FatContent 27.6 g, FiberContent 0.2 g, ProteinContent 24.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 6.2 g, SodiumContent 638 mg