CHICKEN VALDOSTANO RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Jen
Categories: Italian Chicken Main Dishes
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
|2 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – pounded thin|
|¼ cup unsalted butter|
|10 fresh mushrooms, sliced|
|¾ cup dry white wine|
|¾ cup chicken stock|
|3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley|
|1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper|
|6 slices thinly sliced prosciutto|
|6 slices fontina cheese|
- Lightly flour chicken breasts, shaking off excess flour. In a large skillet over low heat, melt butter/margarine. Add chicken and saute until lightly browned, about 2 minutes each side. Remove with slotted spatula and set aside.
- Increase heat to medium low. Add mushrooms and saute until juices are rendered, about 4 minutes. Add wine and simmer until reduced by 1/4, about 3 to 4 minutes. Increase heat to medium high. Add stock, parsley and pepper and simmer until sauce reduced to 1 cup, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Top each chicken breast with a slice of prosciutto and a slice of fontina cheese. Return chicken to skillet and cook just until cheese melts. Transfer chicken to individual plates and top each with some of the mushroom sauce before serving.
Calories 396.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 4.8 g, CholesterolContent 127.5 mg, FatContent 23.7 g, FiberContent 0.5 g, ProteinContent 34.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 12.8 g, SodiumContent 705.5 mg, SugarContent 1.4 g
CHICKEN VALDOSTANA | ORSARA RECIPES
Provided by: Pasquale Sciarappa
Categories: Main Course
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|2 Chicken Breasts ( sliced in half lengthwise)|
|4 slices Prosciutto Crudo|
|4-8 slices Fontina Cheese|
|2 Tbsp. Butter (unsalted)|
|1/3 cup White Wine (dry)|
|1/2 cup Chicken Stock|
|All Purpose Flour|
|Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)|
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
- Begin by covering the bottom of a plate with flour. Season with salt and black pepper. Cut the chicken breasts lengthwise to create four thin chicken cutlets. Season on each side with salt and black pepper. Dredge the seasoned chicken cutlets in the flour and set aside.
- Add a large drizzle of olive oil and one tablespoon of butter to a large frying pan. Once the butter has melted, lower the heat to medium low and add in the chicken cutlets. Fry for about five minutes on each side or until golden brown on each side. Remove the chicken cutlets from the pan and set aside on a clean dish.
- In the same frying pan, add the remaining butter and two tablespoons of flour. Mix with a silicone whisk until fully combined. Reduce to low heat and pour in the white wine. Whisk together until it has thickened.
- Pour in the chicken stock and whisk together until fully mixed. Place the chicken cutlets back into the frying pan. Let simmer for two minutes.
- Place a slice of prosciutto on top of each chicken cutlet and top with one to two slices of fontina cheese. Cover the pan with a lid and allow to simmer for five to six minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the lid and enjoy the Chicken Valdostana with your favorite sides. Salute and cin cin!
VALDOSTANA CHICKEN (CHEESE AND HAM CHICKEN) – MARICRUZ AVALOS …
Provided by: Maricruz
Categories: main dish
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|6 thin slices of chicken breast|
|3 large slices of prosciutto cotto (ham) (halved)|
|1 cup Fontina cheese (shredded)|
|½ cup dry white wine|
|2 Tbsp All purpose flour|
|2 Tbsp extravirgin olive oil|
|2 Tbsp butter|
|1 tsp parsley (chopped)|
|salt and pepper (to taste)|
- Lightly season the chicken slices with salt and pepper.
- Dredge each slice in flour and shake off any excess.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add the butter and as soon as it melts add the chicken in a single layer.
- Fry until golden on both sides (about 2 minutes per side).
- Pour in the wine and shake the pan to loosen any brown bits from the bottom.
- Allow the alcohol to evaporate (about 3 minutes) and if you see the sauce gets too thick, add 2-3 tablespoons of water.
- Add the prosciutto to the chicken slices and then top with cheese.
- Set heat to low and cover the pan. Let it cook for about 2 minutes or just until the cheese has completely melted.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Calories 888 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 8 g, ProteinContent 69 g, FatContent 58 g, SaturatedFatContent 21 g, TransFatContent 1 g, CholesterolContent 231 mg, SodiumContent 1394 mg, FiberContent 1 g, SugarContent 2 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 33 g, ServingSize 1 serving