HOW TO COOK TROUT RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Chef John
Categories: Fish Recipes
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|¼ cup butter|
|2 (8 ounce) whole trout, butterflied and deboned|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste|
|2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice|
|2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley|
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat until butter smells toasted and is golden brown, about 1 minute. Turn off heat.
- Line a baking sheet with a piece of aluminum foil. Place trout onto foil; open trout so skin sides are down. Drizzle each trout with about 1/2 teaspoon melted butter. Generously season with salt and black pepper.
- Move an oven rack to 5 or 6 inches below the heat source and preheat the oven’s broiler on high heat.
- Broil trout until opaque and barely firm to the touch, 2 or 3 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Return pan of remaining melted butter over high heat; stir in lemon juice and parsley. Bring butter sauce to a boil; whisk to combine. Serve trout on plates and drizzle with butter sauce.
Calories 470.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 1.6 g, CholesterolContent 181.4 mg, FatContent 33.2 g, FiberContent 0.2 g, ProteinContent 40.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 17.4 g, SodiumContent 263.4 mg, SugarContent 0.4 g
TROUT AMANDINE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Lorna
Categories: Trout Recipes
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
|2 whole (10 ounce) trout, pan-dressed|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|¼ cup all-purpose flour|
|4 tablespoons butter|
|½ cup blanched slivered almonds|
|2 tablespoons lemon juice|
|1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish|
|8 slices lemon, for garnish|
- Rinse and pat dry trout. Season inside and out with salt and pepper to taste. Dredge trout in flour.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over high heat until melted. Add trout and brown both sides. Lower heat to medium and cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove trout to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Wipe out pan and add 2 tablespoons butter. Cook butter over medium heat until it just begins to brown. Add the almonds and brown.
- Pour sauce and almonds over fish and sprinkle with lemon juice and parsley. Garnish with fresh lemon slices.
Calories 854 calories, CarbohydrateContent 24.4 g, CholesterolContent 223.5 mg, FatContent 55.6 g, FiberContent 5.6 g, ProteinContent 66.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 18.8 g, SodiumContent 315.3 mg, SugarContent 1.5 g