LEEK, MUSHROOM & GRUYÈRE QUICHE RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Barney Desmazery
Categories: Afternoon tea, Buffet, Dinner, Main course, Snack, Starter, Supper
Total time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
|4 leeks, sliced and washed|
|250g pack chestnut mushroom, sliced|
|284ml double cream|
|140g gruyère, coarsely grated|
|280g plain flour|
|140g cold butter, cut into pieces|
- To make the pastry, tip the flour and butter into a bowl, then rub together with your fingertips until completely mixed and crumbly. Add 8 tbsp cold water, then bring everything together with your hands until just combined. Roll into a ball and use straight away or chill for up to 2 days. The pastry can also be frozen for up to a month.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to a round about 5cm larger than a 25cm tin. Use your rolling pin to lift it up, then drape over the tart case so there is an overhang of pastry on the sides. Using a small ball of pastry scraps, push the pastry into the corners of the tin (see picture, above left). Chill in the fridge or freezer for 20 mins. Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- While the pastry is chilling, heat the butter in a pan and cook the leeks for 10 mins, stirring occasionally, until they soften. Then turn up the heat and add the mushrooms. Cook for 5 mins more, then turn off the heat.
- Lightly prick the base of the tart with a fork, line the tart case with a large circle of greaseproof paper or foil, then fill with baking beans. Blind-bake the tart for 20 mins, remove the paper and beans, then continue to cook for 5-10 mins until biscuit brown
- While the tart case cooks, beat the eggs in a bowl, then gradually add the cream. Stir in the leeks, mushrooms and half the cheese. Season, then tip the filling into the tart case. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese, then bake for 20-25 mins until set and golden brown. Leave to cool in the case, trim the edges of the pastry, then remove and serve in slices.
Calories 561 calories, FatContent 44 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 26 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 30 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 3 grams sugar, FiberContent 3 grams fiber, ProteinContent 12 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.7 milligram of sodium
VEGAN LEEK QUICHE RECIPE WITH SILKEN TOFU | HEALTHYFRENCHWIFE
Provided by: Claire Power
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
|1 1/4 cup all purpose flour|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|1/2 cup cold water|
|1/2 tsp sea salt|
|1 brown onion|
|1 clove of garlic|
|2 tsp olive oil|
|300 gr silken tofu|
|3 tbsp nutritional yeast|
|1 tbsp arrowroot flour|
|1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard|
|salt and pepper|
- To make the crust
- To make the quiche filling
LEEK QUICHE RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Martha Rose Shulman
Total time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
|3 large leeks, about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds, white and light green part only|
|2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or 1 tablespoon each olive oil and butter|
|Salt to taste|
|1 garlic clove, minced (optional)|
|2 egg yolks|
|1 whole egg|
|1 Mediterranean pie crust (see recipe) or whole wheat yeasted olive oil crust|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
|3/4 cup milk (2% or regular)|
|3 ounces Gruyère, grated (3/4 cup tightly packed)|
- Cut away the root and dark green leaves from the leeks and cut in half lengthwise. Run under cold water to remove sand. If the leeks are very sandy soak them for 15 minutes or so, then run under cold water again. Drain on paper towels. If the leeks are very fat, cut the halves in half again lengthwise, then cut in thin slices.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat the oil or oil and butter over medium heat in a lidded skillet or saucepan and add the leeks and a pinch of salt. Cook gently, stirring, until they begin to soften. Turn the heat to medium-low, cover and cook gently until the leeks are very soft but not browned, stirring often, 10 to 15 minutes. If they begin to stick or brown, add a little more salt and/or a spoonful of water or wine. Stir in the garlic if using and cook for another 30 seconds to a minute, until fragrant.
- Beat together the egg yolks and egg in a medium bowl. Set the tart pan on a baking sheet to allow for easy handling. Using a pastry brush lightly brush the bottom of the crust and place in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Add salt (about 1/2 teaspoon), pepper and the milk to the eggs and whisk together. Spread the leeks in an even layer in the crust. Sprinkle the cheese in an even layer on top. Pour in the custard filling. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until set and just beginning to color on the top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for at least 15 minutes before serving.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 177, UnsaturatedFatContent 7 grams, CarbohydrateContent 10 grams, FatContent 12 grams, FiberContent 1 gram, ProteinContent 8 grams, SaturatedFatContent 5 grams, SodiumContent 430 milligrams, SugarContent 4 grams, TransFatContent 0 grams