STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE CUPCAKES RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
Provided by: Martha Stewart
Categories: Cupcake Recipes
Total time: 1 hours 50 minutes
Prep time: 50 minutes
Yield: Makes 21 cupcakes
|1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus 2 tablespoons|
|1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder|
|1 teaspoon coarse salt|
|1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature|
|1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar|
|4 large eggs, room temperature|
|1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract|
|6 tablespoons sour cream, room temperature|
|2 tablespoons good-quality strawberry jam|
|12 ounces strawberries, finely chopped, plus more thinly sliced, for topping|
|Lightly sweetened whipped cream, for topping|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Cream butter and sugar on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 8 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly between each addition, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Beat in vanilla. Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture in 2 batches, alternating with sour cream and beating until just incorporated.
- Divide batter evenly among the tins using a 1/4 cup measure or ice cream scoop. Tap pans and smooth tops with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon. Bake until a cake tester inserted into the middle comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack, about 30 minutes.
- Whisk the jam in a small bowl until smooth. Fold in chopped strawberries. Using a melon baller or teaspoon, scoop out a hole in the center of each cupcake. Fill with 1 to 2 teaspoons strawberry filling. Top with whipped cream and a slice of strawberry. Serve immediately.
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE CUPCAKES – SUGAR AND SOUL
Provided by: Rebecca Hubbell
Total time: 97 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 22 minutes
|1 white cake mix|
|1 cup all-purpose flour|
|1 cup granulated sugar|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|1 cup water (room temperature)|
|1 cup sour cream (room temperature)|
|4 large egg whites (room temperature)|
|⅓ cup heavy cream (room temperature)|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 cup strawberries (diced)|
|⅓ cup strawberry jam|
|2 tablespoons honey|
|1 cup unsalted butter (softened)|
|1 cup vegetable shortening|
|5 tablespoons heavy cream|
|2 teaspoon clear vanilla extract|
|5-6 cups powdered sugar|
|15 golden Oreos|
|3 tablespoons Strawberry Jello-O Mix (unprepared)|
|4 tablespoons salted butter (melted)|
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line muffin pans with cupcake liners and set them aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together, cake mix, all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, and salt.
- Slowly, add in water, sour cream, egg whites, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. Mix until everything has been combined.
- Add batter into the lined cupcake pan, filling ⅔ full. About ¼ cup of batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 22 minutes or until the center is baked.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, mix together chopped strawberries, strawberry jam, and honey.
- Core out the center of the cupcakes with a cupcake corer or teaspoon and fill them with strawberry filling. Add top back to the cupcake to hold filling in.
- While cupcakes are cooling, prepare the frosting. by creaming together the butter and shortening until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Add in heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- Slowly, add in the powdered sugar a little at a time. If frosting is too thick you can add 1 teaspoon of cream until you have reached the texture, you are looking for. Mix frosting for another 3 minutes.
- Add frosting to a piping bag and pipe cupcakes.
- Add Oreos to a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form.
- Add the strawberry jello powder and melted butter and pulse until combined. Sprinkle over the top of the frosted cupcakes.
Calories 490 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 66 g, ProteinContent 3 g, FatContent 25 g, SaturatedFatContent 11 g, TransFatContent 2 g, CholesterolContent 39 mg, SodiumContent 259 mg, FiberContent 1 g, SugarContent 49 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 12 g, ServingSize 1 serving