HOW TO MAKE ITALIAN STYLE PIZZA IN A WOOD-FIRED OVEN – SMOKED …
Provided by: Mat Cotton
Categories: Main Course
Total time: 120 minutes
Prep time: 100 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|4 cups flour type 00|
|1 tsp salt|
|2 ½ cup lukewarm water|
|1 tbsp caster sugar|
|2 ½ tsp dry active yeast|
|4 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)|
- Mix together flour and salt in large bowl.
- Mix lukewarm water, sugar, yeast and oil in a jug and leave for 5-10 mins.
- Make a well into centre of flour and add water mixture, using hands to slowly incorporate it.
- Knead for 5-7 mins, until soft and silky.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a clean towel or cloth.
- Leave in a warm place to rise for an hour or until doubled in size.
- Knock back the dough by quickly kneading again for a couple of minutes, then cut into 8 equal sized balls and place in the fridge.
- Roll out the dough using fingers to push outwards towards edges.
- Add tomato pasata and toppings.
- Cook in a preheated pizza oven, BBQ or oven until desired color and crispiness.
- Scatter with torn basil and drizzle with flavoured oil.
- Slice into the desired number of slices and enjoy!
Calories 410 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 68 g, ProteinContent 11 g, FatContent 11 g, SaturatedFatContent 1 g, SodiumContent 392 mg, FiberContent 4 g, SugarContent 2 g, ServingSize 1 serving