SPICY NACHO CHEESE – PEPPERSCALE
|1/2 pound sharp cheddar cheese (grated)|
|1 jalapeño pepper (red (preferred) or green, diced)|
|1 cup milk|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|2 tablespoons flour|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|Pinch cayenne pepper (to taste)|
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the flour and stir to combine.
- Add the milk and stir until the sauce slightly thickens.
- Add the cheddar cheese, salt, and cayenne pepper. Continuing stirring until the nacho cheese sauce thickens (10 to 15 minutes).
- Add the diced jalapeño pepper and stir to combine. Taste test the nacho cheese. Add more cayenne pepper if you want things spicier.
- Remove the nacho cheese from the heat and allow it to cool (and thicken) for 5 minutes. Serve.