SPINACH LASAGNA RECIPE | FORKS OVER KNIVES
This recipe and other kid-friendly and comfort food ideas are also available in our convenient iPhone app and newly released Android app. extrait de safran recettes.
Provided by: FORKSOVERKNIVES.COM
Total time: 1 hours 50 minutes
|1 (12.3-ounce) package silken tofu|
|1 pound fresh water-packed firm tofu|
|2 teaspoons minced garlic|
|¼ cup nutritional yeast|
|½ teaspoon sea salt|
|½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|1 tablespoon parsley flakes|
|1 teaspoon dried basil|
|1 teaspoon dried oregano|
|¼ cup fresh lemon juice|
|¼ cup soy milk|
|1 recipe Tofu Ricotta|
|1−2 pounds fresh spinach, lightly steamed|
|8 ounces no-boil lasagna noodles|
|7 cups fat-free pasta sauce|
|¼ cup soy parmesan or Parma vegan parmesan|
- To make the ricotta, combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until fairly smooth. Place into a large bowl, and set aside.
- To make the spinach, steam at least 1 pound of fresh spinach (2 if you really like spinach) for about a minute or two, just until slightly wilted.
- Drain well, then either mix the spinach into the ricotta or layer the spinach over it when assembling the lasagna.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- To assemble the lasagna, spread 1 cup of the pasta sauce over the bottom of the baking dish. Then cover the sauce with a layer of noodles. Next, spread half of the ricotta mixture (and half of the spinach if not mixed into the ricotta) over the noodles, and top with 2 more cups of the sauce. Add another layer of noodles, the rest of the tofu mixture (and spinach if separate), 2 cups more of the sauce, and the rest of the noodles. Spoon the remaining 2 cups of sauce over the noodles (make sure you cover all the edges), and sprinkle some parmesan over the top. Cover with parchment paper and then with foil.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for 30 minutes before cutting.
- Note: This recipe may be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated. Add about 15 minutes to the baking time.