TOM YUM SHRIMP RAMEN | COOK SMARTS
Provided by: CookSmarts
Total time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|1 lb Shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|2 cloves Shallots, chopped|
|2 stalks Lemongrass, chopped (sub 1 tsp lemongrass paste / stalk)|
|1 Jalapenos (opt), thinly sliced|
|12 oz Zucchini, cubed|
|6 oz Noodles, ramen (sub any Asian noodles)|
|10 leaves Thai basil (opt), chiffonade|
|1 can Straw mushrooms, canned (14 oz / 397 g), drained and rinsed (sub fresh button mushrooms, sliced)|
|1 Tbsp Oil, cooking|
|3 1/2 cups Stock, any type|
|1 cup Coconut milk, light|
|1 Tbsp Red curry paste (sub nam prik pao – Thai chili paste)|
|1 Tbsp Lime juice|
|2 tsp Fish sauce|
- Heat a wok or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil and then shallots, lemongrass, jalapenos, and zucchini. (If using fresh mushrooms, add them as well.) Season with a pinch of salt and saute until fragrant, ~4 minutes.
- Add red curry paste and saute for 1 minute more.
- Add stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes to let the flavors develop.
- Add shrimp, mushrooms (if using canned), and fish sauce and simmer until shrimp is opaque and cooked through, ~5 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove soup from heat and stir in lime juice. Taste and season with some salt.
- Divide noodles between serving bowls. Ladle soup over noodles. Top with basil and enjoy.
Calories 449, CarbohydrateContent 45g, CholesterolContent 143mg, FatContent 19g, FiberContent 5g, ProteinContent 29g, SaturatedFatContent 11g, SodiumContent 2173mg, SugarContent 5g, TransFatContent 0g
TOM YUM RAMEN NOODLE SOUP – THE CHUTNEY LIFE
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2-3 Servings
|3 tbsp Maesri Tom Yum Paste|
|1 tbsp Soy Sauce|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tsp ginger, minced|
|1/4 cup scallions, sliced thin|
|1/4 cup cilantro, chopped finely|
|1/2 tsp toasted sesame seeds|
|2 cups vegetable or chicken broth|
|1-2 cup water|
|salt to taste|
|5 oz. Ramen Noodles (cooked according to package directions)|
- Heat oil in a pot over medium high heat. Once oil is hot, add the garlic and ginger and stir for few minutes until fragrant but not browned.
- Add tom yum paste and continue to cook for about 4-5 minutes until the paste has slightly deepened in color.
- Add broth, water, salt and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and add soy sauce, scallions, cilantro and cooked ramen noodles. Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes. (Noodles will soak up some of the liquid so add more water/broth and tom yum paste as needed.)
- Serve hot, with toasted sesame seeds on top and more sliced scallions/cilantro.