FILET MIGNON WITH SHERRY-MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Provided by: David Bonom
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 steak and about 1/4 cup sauce)
|4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (1 inch thick)|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|¼ teaspoon black pepper|
|2 teaspoons butter, divided|
|1 ½ cups presliced mushrooms|
|2 tablespoons chopped shallots|
|1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic|
|½ cup fat-free, less-sodium beef broth|
|¼ cup dry sherry|
|2 teaspoons cornstarch|
|2 teaspoons water|
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Melt 1 teaspoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef to pan; cook 3 1/2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove beef from pan; keep warm.
- Melt remaining 1 teaspoon butter in pan. Add mushrooms, shallots, and garlic to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in broth and sherry. Combine cornstarch and 2 teaspoons water in a bowl, stirring until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Calories 219 calories, CarbohydrateContent 3.3 g, CholesterolContent 76 mg, FatContent 10.5 g, FiberContent 0.4 g, ProteinContent 25.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 4.4 g, SodiumContent 420 mg
BAVETTE STEAK & SHERRY SHALLOT SAUCE RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
Total time: 35 minutes
|1 unit Shallot|
|12 ounce Yukon Gold Potatoes|
|6 ounce Green Beans|
|4 tablespoon Crème Fraîche|
|10 ounce Bavette Steak|
|5 teaspoon Sherry Vinegar|
|1 unit Beef Stock Concentrate|
|2 tablespoon Sour Cream|
|1 tablespoon Cooking Oil|
|1 teaspoon Olive Oil|
|2 tablespoon Butter|
- • Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Halve and peel shallot; finely chop half (save the rest for another use).
- • Place potatoes in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 12-15 minutes. • Drain and return potatoes to pot; mash with crème fraîche and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) until smooth. Season generously with salt and pepper. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
- • Meanwhile, trim green beans if necessary. Toss on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until green beans are tender, 10-12 minutes.
- • While green beans roast, pat steak* dry with paper towels; season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook to desired doneness, 5-7 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer to a cutting board to rest. Wipe out pan.
- • Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium heat. Add chopped shallot; cook, stirring, until softened, 1-2 minutes. • Pour in half the vinegar (all for 4 servings). Simmer until reduced by half, 30 seconds. • Stir in stock concentrate and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4). Simmer until thickened, 2-3 minutes more. Turn off heat. • Stir in sour cream and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) until melted and combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- • Slice steak against the grain. • Divide steak, mashed potatoes, and green beans between plates. Top steak with sauce and serve.
Calories 820 kcal, FatContent 53 g, SaturatedFatContent 23 g, CarbohydrateContent 38 g, SugarContent 8 g, ProteinContent 48 g, FiberContent 7 g, CholesterolContent 165 mg, SodiumContent 570 mg
CUBE STEAK WITH MUSHROOM-SHERRY SAUCE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Provided by: EatingWell Test Kitchen
Categories: Healthy Steak Recipes
Total time: 20 minutes
|4 4-ounce cube steaks|
|¾ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided|
|8 ounces sliced mushrooms (about 2 1/2 cups)|
|1 large shallot, thinly sliced|
|1 tablespoon all-purpose flour|
|1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried|
|1/2 cup dry sherry (see Note)|
|½ cup reduced-sodium beef broth|
|2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream|
- Sprinkle steaks with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and salt. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add steaks and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side for medium. (If necessary, cook in two batches.) Transfer the steaks to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan. Add mushrooms, shallot and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are golden brown and release their liquid, 4 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add thyme, sherry and broth; bring to a boil and cook, stirring, until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Return the steaks (and any accumulated juice) to the pan and turn to coat with the sauce. Serve the steaks with the sauce.
Calories 268 calories, CarbohydrateContent 5.8 g, CholesterolContent 72.7 mg, FatContent 12 g, FiberContent 0.8 g, ProteinContent 29 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.9 g, SodiumContent 431.1 mg, SugarContent 1.5 g