TRADITIONAL MEXICAN MOLLETES | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Jenny Aleman
Categories: Borden Cheese
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|4 bolillo rolls, sliced in half lengthwise|
|3 tablespoons butter, room temperature|
|1 (16 ounce) can refried beans, heated|
|1 (7 ounce) package Borden® Southwestern Cheddar & Monterey Jack Shredded Cheese|
|Mexican salsa or pico de gallo, for serving|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove some of the bread from the middle of bread halves to accommodate more toppings. Spread about 1 teaspoon butter on each half.
- Spread 2 to 3 tablespoons warmed refried beans on bread. Sprinkle about 1/4 cup Borden® Cheddar and Monterey Jack shredded cheese on the beans. Place bread halves on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the bread is crispy, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Top molletes with Mexican salsa or pico de gallo.
Calories 698.5 calories, CarbohydrateContent 85.3 g, CholesterolContent 77.1 mg, FatContent 26.1 g, FiberContent 9 g, ProteinContent 28 g, SaturatedFatContent 15.3 g, SodiumContent 1022.5 mg, SugarContent 5.5 g