RECETTE MINI QUICHE LORRAINE RECETTES RECIPE
Provided by: Good Food team
|Flour, eggs, butter, double cream, vegetables, cheese, chorizo, ham, salmon, crab, anchovy|
QUICHE LORRAINE (THE BEST) | RICARDO
Provided by: Ricardocuisine
Total time: 1 hours 40 minutes
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
|1 3/4 cups (430 ml) unbleached all-purpose flour|
|1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) baking powder|
|1/2 cup (125 ml) cold unsalted butter, cubed|
|6 tablespoons (90 ml) ice water|
|1/2 lb (225 g) bacon slices, about 1/4 inch (1/2 cm) thick, cut into pieces|
|1 large onion, thinly sliced|
|2 cups (500 ml) heavy cream|
|1 1/2 cups (375 ml) grated Gruyère cheese|
|Salt and pepper|
Calories 724 calories
THE ULTIMATE QUICHE LORRAINE – MY PARISIAN KITCHEN
Provided by: Florence RICHOMME
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
|200 gr plain flour|
|100 gr cold butter|
|2 gr salt|
|25 cl cream|
|20 cl whole milk|
|250 gr bacon (preferably smoked, cubed)|
|1 pinch nutmeg (optional)|
- If you do not use a ready-made pastry, start by preparing it. Follow the steps in the recipe explained step by step in photo using this link (using the quantities given here, thus flour and butter quantities are different, no sugar of course. As for water, add water a little at a time until you have the perfect texture for your dough). Sift flour and salt together. Rub in butter until you have a soft breadcrumb texture. Add water until you get a nice dough.
- Let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 min.
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Roll out the dough and drape it over your mold coverd with parchment paper (or greased if you prefer). Gently push the dough down into the mold and help it fit to the shape of the mold (on the bottom and all around the side of the mold). Lightly prick the bottom of the crust with a fork. Pour over another parchment paper (or foiand fill in with dry beans, rice, cores or any “cooking pie weights” that will make the parchment paper stick to the pie crust.
- Blind bake (pre-bakin the oven for 10 min.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling. In a large bowl, vigorously beat with a fork the 5 eggs, just as you would do for an omelet. Add cream and milk and beat again. At this stage you may want to add nutmeg.
- Remove the pie weights and let the pie crust cool a bit. Put all over the dough bacon cubes, then pour over the egg-cream-milk batter.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 350°F/180 °C (or 40 minutes if you have skipped the pre-bake step).
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.