BREAD MACHINE BAGELS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Cristy Chu
Total time: 3 hours 55 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours 25 minutes
Yield: 9 bagels
|1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)|
|1 ½ teaspoons salt|
|2 tablespoons white sugar|
|3 cups bread flour|
|2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast|
|3 quarts boiling water|
|3 tablespoons white sugar|
|1 tablespoon cornmeal|
|1 egg white|
|3 tablespoons poppy seeds|
- Place water, salt, sugar, flour and yeast in the bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Dough setting.
- When cycle is complete, let dough rest on a lightly floured surface. Meanwhile, in a large pot bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Stir in 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Cut dough into 9 equal pieces, and roll each piece into a small ball. Flatten balls. Poke a hole in the middle of each with your thumb. Twirl the dough on your finger or thumb to enlarge the hole, and to even out the dough around the hole. Cover bagels with a clean cloth, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle an ungreased baking sheet with cornmeal. Carefully transfer bagels to boiling water. Boil for 1 minute, turning half way through. Drain briefly on clean towel. Arrange boiled bagels on baking sheet. Glaze tops with egg white, and sprinkle with your choice of toppings.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree F (190 degrees C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until well browned.
Calories 50.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 8.8 g, FatContent 1.3 g, FiberContent 0.5 g, ProteinContent 1.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.1 g, SodiumContent 404.4 mg, SugarContent 7.4 g
BREAD MACHINE BRIOCHE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf
|1 3/4 teaspoons active dry yeast|
|1 3/4 cups bread flour|
|2 tablespoons bread flour|
|3 tablespoons sugar|
|3/4 teaspoon salt|
|2 whole eggs|
|1 egg yolk|
|1/4 cup water|
|2 tablespoons water|
|8 tablespoons unsalted butter|
- Add all ingredients except the butter to your bread machine in the order suggested by manufacturer and process on the basic bread cycle.
- Cut the butter into tablespoon size pieces.
- About 10 minutes before the end of your first kneading cycle, begin adding the butter, 1 tablespoon each minute.
- Do not rush it.
- Let the machine continue its process.
- After bread is baked and at the end of the entire cycle, let the brioche cool in the OPENED machine about 20 minutes.
- This will keep the sides firm while the center stays moist.
Calories 2010.7, FatContent 107.4, SaturatedFatContent 63, CholesterolContent 737.6, SodiumContent 1900.2, CarbohydrateContent 220.6, FiberContent 8.2, SugarContent 38.8, ProteinContent 41.5