RECETTE MUFFINS AMERICAIN RECETTES RECIPE
Provided by: Linda Letellier
Total time: 2 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|1 cup milk|
|2 tablespoons white sugar|
|1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)|
|1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast|
|6 cups all-purpose flour|
|¼ cup melted shortening|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|¼ cup cornmeal, or more as needed|
- Warm milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Stir in sugar until dissolved and let cool until lukewarm.
- Mix together warm water and yeast in a small bowl; let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Combine milk mixture, yeast mixture, 3 cups flour, and shortening in a large bowl; beat until smooth. Mix in salt and remaining 3 cups flour; knead until a soft dough forms. Place in a greased bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough. Roll on a lightly floured surface to about 1/2-inch thick. Cut rounds with a biscuit cutter, drinking glass, or empty tuna can. Sprinkle cornmeal on waxed paper and place dough rounds on top. Dust tops with cornmeal, cover, and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Heat a greased griddle over medium heat.
- Cook muffins on griddle until lightly browned, about 10 minutes per side. Split and toast as desired.
Calories 190.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 34 g, CholesterolContent 1.1 mg, FatContent 3.5 g, FiberContent 1.2 g, ProteinContent 4.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.9 g, SodiumContent 136.2 mg, SugarContent 2.1 g