GINGERBREAD MEN COOKIES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: McCormick Spice
Categories: Gingerbread Cookies
Total time: 4 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
|3 cups flour|
|2 teaspoons McCormick® Ginger, Ground|
|1 teaspoon McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
|¼ teaspoon McCormick® Nutmeg, Ground|
|¼ teaspoon salt|
|¾ cup butter, softened|
|¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar|
|½ cup molasses|
|1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract|
- Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt in large bowl.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add molasses, egg, and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed.
- Press dough into a thick, flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 1/4 inch. Cut into gingerbread men shapes with a 5-inch cookie cutter. Place gingerbread men 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges of cookies are set and just begin to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 1 to 2 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Decorate cooled cookies as desired. Store cookies in airtight container up to 5 days.
Calories 158.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 24 g, CholesterolContent 23 mg, FatContent 6.1 g, FiberContent 0.5 g, ProteinContent 2 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.7 g, SodiumContent 125.3 mg, SugarContent 10.6 g