VORTEX PLUS – SKINNY FRIES – INSTANT POT RECIPES
|1 lb russet potatoes (peeled or peeled)|
|2 tsp olive oil|
|Salt to taste|
- Cut the potatoes into 1/4 inch sticks using a mandolin slicer. Rinse the cut potatoes thoroughly and then soak in cold water for at least 10 minutes.
- Drain the cut potatoes and dry thoroughly with a kitchen towel.
- In a large bowl, toss cut potatoes with the oil, then load them into the rotisserie basket and attach the lid.
- Place the drip pan in the bottom of the cooking chamber. Use the rotisserie fetch tool to lift the basket into the cooking chamber, using the red rotisserie release lever to secure the basket and close the oven door. Using the display panel, touch AIRFRY, then adjust the temperature to 380 degrees and the time to 20 minutes. Touch START.and then ROTATE,.
- Check the fries beginning at 17 minutes and remove when golden.
- Add salt to taste and serve hot.
QUATRE-QUARTS POUND CAKE FROM BRITTANY – MY PARISIAN KITCHEN
French kids afternoon snack staple, quatre-quarts as its name means is made with 4 ingredients of equal quantity, nothing more. Simple and delicious.
Provided by: Florence RICHOMME
Categories: Cake or tart
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
|the weight of the 6 eggs in sugar|
|the weight of the 6 eggs in flour|
|the weight of the 6 eggs in salted butter (if not unsalted butter + larger pinch of salt)|
|1 pinch salt|
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Separate egg whites and egg yolks. Weigh the egg whites and egg yolks to get the total amount of egg without shell. Then prepare the same quantity of butter, flour and sugar.
- Melt the butter and let cool a bit.
- Meanwhile, mix egg yolks and sugar until the mixture whitens. Add the melted butter and flour and mix again.
- Whisk egg whites until you get a stiff pick and gently incorporate into the preparation.
- Grease and flour a dish, preferably a loaf pan, or use a silicone mold. Pou the preparation and bake for 40 to 45 minutes at 180 °C. After 40 minutes, check if the cake is cooked by with a sharp knife. When the cake is baked, it should come out dry.