RAJAS CON CREMA (ROASTED MEXICAN PEPPERS WITH CREAM) – MARICRUZ …
Provided by: Maricruz
Categories: main dish
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|1 ½ lb Poblano or Anaheim peppers|
|1 cup corn kernels (fresh, frozen, or canned)|
|1 medium white onion (sliced)|
|1 cup Mexican cream (read notes)|
|½ cup Oaxaca cheese (or mozzarella, shredded.)|
|1 Tbsp olive oil|
|1 Tbsp butter|
|½ cup vegetable stock|
|garlic powder (to taste)|
|salt and pepper (to taste)|
- Roast poblano peppers with the method you prefer (oven, stove or grill).
- Place them in a bag, close and wrap them with a kitchen towel to allow them to sweat. Let them sit for 20 minutes.
- Peel the peppers and discard the seeds and the stem, then cut them lengthwise into strips. Set aside.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat oil and butter.
- Add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes over medium heat until the onions will be tender and translucent.
- Add the poblano slices and corn. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well and sauté for a minute.
- Add the cream and the vegetable broth. Mix well and simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes or until onion and peppers are tender and the sauce has thickened. Adjust salt and pepper.
- Add the cheese and mix quickly until it melts. Serve.
Calories 322 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 24 g, ProteinContent 11 g, FatContent 22 g, SaturatedFatContent 7 g, CholesterolContent 42 mg, SodiumContent 696 mg, FiberContent 4 g, SugarContent 9 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 3 g, ServingSize 1 serving