SEMOLINA QUENELLE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: stella
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|¾ cup whole milk|
|4 tablespoons butter|
|⅔ cup semolina flour|
|2 large eggs|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste|
|½ cup grated Gruyere cheese|
|1 teaspoon dried basil|
|3 quarts water|
|3 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
- Combine milk and butter in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Pour in semolina and quickly stir until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat, slightly cool, then mix in eggs, salt, and pepper. Divide this mixture in 2 portions. Add grated cheese to one half and basil to the other half.
- Heat 3 quarts of salted water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Meanwhile, place 3 tablespoons flour onto a plate. Form the dough into 3/4 inch by 2 1/2 inch sausage-shaped quenelles. Roll each quenelle in flour and set aside.
- Drop quenelles in the boiling water and cook until they float to the top. Remove from the water with a slotted spoon and transfer onto a serving dish.
Calories 350.8 calories, CarbohydrateContent 28.7 g, CholesterolContent 143 mg, FatContent 20.2 g, FiberContent 1.4 g, ProteinContent 13.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 11.5 g, SodiumContent 202.3 mg, SugarContent 2.9 g