GRILLED EGGPLANT BRUSCHETTA RECIPE | KARDEA BROWN | FOOD NETWORK
Provided by: Kardea Brown
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 to 10 large bruschetta
|1 eggplant, sliced|
|Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|1 loaf sliced Italian bread|
|1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil|
|Nonstick cooking spray, for the baking sheet|
|1 pint multicolor grape tomatoes|
|2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar|
|1 teaspoon honey|
|3 cloves garlic, halved|
|1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped, plus more for garnish|
|One 15-ounce carton ricotta|
- Place the eggplant in a colander. Sprinkle generously with salt and let stand 30 minutes. (This removes the excess water from the eggplant.) Rinse the eggplant and arrange in a single layer on a paper towel-lined baking sheet. Pat dry. Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to medium-high heat (see Cook’s Note).
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Brush the eggplant and bread slices with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle the eggplant with salt and pepper.
- Line a small rimmed baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray. Toss the grape tomatoes, vinegar, honey and the remaining tablespoon olive oil on the foil. Bake the tomatoes until they burst, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill the eggplant until browned and tender, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Grill the bread until toasted and grill marks appear, 1 minute on each side. Rub the cut sides of the garlic on the bread. Set aside.
- Transfer the tomatoes to a medium bowl. Coarsely chop the eggplant and add to the tomatoes. Add the chopped basil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the ricotta onto the grilled bread. Top with the eggplant mixture and garnish with additional basil. Cut the bread in half, if desired.
BALSAMIC BRUSCHETTA RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Kathy Bias
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Yield: 8 bruschetta
|1 loaf French bread, cut into 1/4-inch slices|
|1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil|
|8 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced|
|⅓ cup chopped fresh basil|
|1 ounce Parmesan cheese, freshly grated|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tablespoon good quality balsamic vinegar|
|2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil|
|¼ teaspoon kosher salt|
|¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Brush bread slices on both sides lightly with 1 tablespoon oil and place on large baking sheet. Toast bread until golden, 5 to 10 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile, toss together tomatoes, basil, Parmesan cheese, and garlic in a bowl. Mix in balsamic vinegar, 2 teaspoons olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Spoon tomato mixture onto toasted bread slices and serve immediately.
Calories 197.4 calories, CarbohydrateContent 32.8 g, CholesterolContent 3.1 mg, FatContent 3.8 g, FiberContent 1.4 g, ProteinContent 8.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.1 g, SodiumContent 483.8 mg
BRUSCHETTA AL POMODORO RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Ada
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
|8 seeded, chopped roma (plum) tomatoes|
|5 leaves chopped fresh basil|
|2 cloves minced garlic|
|1 pinch dried oregano|
|1 dash crushed red pepper|
|1 pinch salt|
|1 pinch ground black pepper|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 (1 pound) loaf French or Italian-style bread|
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Combine tomatoes, basil, garlic, oregano, red pepper, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a mixing bowl. Use more olive oil, if necessary, to coat entire mixture. Allow mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- Slice bread to 1/2-inch thickness; arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Place the baking sheet under the preheated broiler until bread slices are lightly browned, about 1 minute per side.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Spread tomato mixture on each piece of toasted bread. Return to the oven and broil until tomato mixture is hot but not cooked, 2 to 3 minutes.
Calories 126.8 calories, CarbohydrateContent 23 g, FatContent 1.9 g, FiberContent 1.5 g, ProteinContent 4.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.4 g, SodiumContent 244.9 mg, SugarContent 2.1 g