POMMES DE TERRE DUCHESSE – THE NOSEY CHEF
|500g floury potatoes, peeled and halved|
|1 egg and 2 egg yolks|
|1 egg, lightly salted and beaten for glazing|
|Ground rock salt and freshly ground white pepper|
|A grating of nutmeg|
- Set an oven to 200˚C and grease a baking sheet with butter.
- Place the potatoes in a pan of cold water and bring to the boil. Simmer for about 20 minutes until done.
- Drain the potatoes and allow them to disperse their steam a bit.
- Put the potatoes in a sieve and force them through the sieve into a pan using the back of a spoon. Put the potatoes on a gentle heat and cook them a bit more to ensure that most of the water is evaporated. They will stiffen a bit once the water is out. Season and add a dash of nutmeg.
- Still on the gentle heat, combine the butter with the potatoes. Take off the heat and add the eggs, mixing thoroughly.
- While the mixture is still warm, put it in a piping bag with a closed star nozzle, and pipe swirls onto the baking sheet. Allow to cool a bit, and then very gently brush the swirls with the salted, beaten egg. The salt helps break the egg down to make it flow easier.
- Brown the potatoes in the oven for 15–20 mins until golden.
Calories , CarbohydrateContent , CholesterolContent , FatContent , FiberContent , ProteinContent , SaturatedFatContent , SodiumContent , SugarContent , TransFatContent , UnsaturatedFatContent