MY CHILDHOOD’S YOGURT CAKE WITH PEARS AND CHOCOLATE – MY …
This is a cake that the French kids make all the time. Tasted 100s of times this is the ultimate French yogurt cake recipe, quick & easy. My trick: I use to add pears and dark chocolate. Combine all ingredients using the yogurt pot to measure. Drain pears and chop chocolate into chips and add them in the batter. Bake. gratin d aubergine recette recettes.
Provided by: Florence RICHOMME
Categories: Cake or tart
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
|1 plain sugar-free yogurt (such as greek yogurt,125 ml ½ cup)|
|2 yogurt pots sugar (thus 1 cup)|
|3 yogurt pots all-purpose flour (thus 1 cup ½ or 2 pots / 1 cup corn flour)|
|½ yogurt pots oil (thus ¼ cup)|
|1 pinch salt|
|2 teaspoons baking powder (1 pack of 11 gr)|
|1 can pears in syrup (850 ml or about 450 grams of drained fruit)|
|100 gr dark chocolate|
|butter and flour for the mold|
- Preheat the oven to 185 °C (350°F).
- Start by pouring yogurt into a bowl. You can rinse and dry the yogurt pot that will serve as measuring cup if you want but this is not necessary.
- Measure 2 yogurt pots of sugar and ½ yogurt pot of oil, add to the yoghurt and combine. Add the eggs and mix. Then add 3 yogurt pots of flour, a pinch of salt and baking powder. Combine until you get a smooth preparation.
- Drain pears and make chocolate chips (not too small otherwize chocolate will melt while baking and it’s nice to have chocolate chips as in cookies, I mean parts with chocolate and parts without).
- Butter and flour the baking pan. Pour in the patter. Arrange pears in the batter by soaking them a bit. Sprinkle over chocolate chips. See pics.
- Bake at 185°C (350°F) for 30-40 minutes. Check if it’s well cooked with a knife, it should come out dry.