PORKETTA ROAST RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Dee
Categories: Pork Roast
Total time: 1 hours 45 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
|1 tablespoon dill seed|
|1 tablespoon fennel seed|
|1 teaspoon dried oregano|
|1 teaspoon lemon pepper|
|¼ teaspoon onion powder|
|¼ teaspoon garlic powder|
|4 pounds boneless pork roast|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, combine the dill seed, fennel seed, oregano, lemon pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Mix well and apply to the roast. Place roast in a 10×15 inch roasting pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until internal pork temperature reaches 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Calories 398.8 calories, CarbohydrateContent 1.8 g, CholesterolContent 130.1 mg, FatContent 24.4 g, FiberContent 0.9 g, ProteinContent 40.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 8.8 g, SodiumContent 174.7 mg, SugarContent 0.1 g
PORCHETTA PORK ROAST RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Melissa Clark
Total time: 12 hours
Yield: 8 to 12 servings
|1 (7- to 8-pound) bone-in, skin-on pork shoulder roast, or a 6- to 7-pound boneless roast, fat trimmed to 1/4-inch thickness|
|1/4 cup chopped fennel fronds|
|1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary|
|2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage leaves|
|5 garlic cloves, grated or mashed to a paste|
|Finely grated zest of 1 lemon|
|1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt|
|1 teaspoon fennel seed|
|3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
|1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil|
- Score skin and fat all over pork, taking care not to cut down to the meat.
- In a food processor or mortar and pestle, combine fennel fronds, rosemary, sage, garlic, lemon zest, salt, fennel seed, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Pour in oil. Pulse or mash until it forms a paste. Rub all over pork. If using a boneless roast, tie with kitchen string at 2-inch intervals. Transfer to a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 6 hours and preferably overnight.
- Remove pork from refrigerator 1 to 2 hours before you want to cook it. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Transfer pork to a rimmed baking sheet and roast 35 minutes. Reduce temperature to 325 degrees and cook an additional 2 hours 45 minutes to 4 hours, until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat reads 180 degrees, which will give you sliceable, tender meat. (Bone-in roasts will take longer than boneless ones.)
- Transfer pork to a cutting board and let rest 15 to 30 minutes before serving. Make sure everyone gets some of the cracklings.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 505, UnsaturatedFatContent 21 grams, CarbohydrateContent 2 grams, FatContent 35 grams, FiberContent 1 gram, ProteinContent 42 grams, SaturatedFatContent 11 grams, SodiumContent 777 milligrams, SugarContent 0 grams, TransFatContent 0 grams