HOMEMADE PITA CHIPS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Dawn
Categories: Snack Chips
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 8 dozen
|½ cup olive oil|
|1 teaspoon garlic salt|
|1 teaspoon dried chervil|
|½ teaspoon dried basil|
|½ teaspoon ground black pepper|
|12 pita bread pockets|
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix oil, garlic salt, chervil, basil, and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Cut each pita bread into 8 triangles using a sharp knife or pizza cutter.
- Arrange some pita triangles in a single layer on each of the prepared baking sheets; brush with oil mixture. Not all will fit, so set remaining triangles aside.
- Bake on two racks of the preheated oven until lightly browned and crispy, about 7 minutes, switching halfway through.
- Transfer pita chips to a serving platter and repeat Steps 4 to 5 with remaining triangles and oil mixture.
Calories 125.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 17.7 g, FatContent 5.3 g, FiberContent 2.4 g, ProteinContent 3.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.8 g, SodiumContent 245.9 mg, SugarContent 0.3 g
TOASTED PITA POINTS
Provided by: SchmeerShirley
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|3 pita rounds|
|1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter|
|Grated Parmesan cheese|
- Separate each pita round into 2 halves. Butter inside of each. Cut each round into 8-10 triangles. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. Place on a cookie sheet in 400F. oven. Toast 5 minutes or until golden.
Calories 191 calories, FatContent 11.94107325 g, CarbohydrateContent 17.9540445 g, CholesterolContent 30.658625 mg, FiberContent 0.708400015354156 g, ProteinContent 3.14668875 g, SaturatedFatContent 7.3691291 g, ServingSize 1 1 Serving (47g), SodiumContent 257.9617 mg, SugarContent 17.2456444846458 g, TransFatContent 0.935133349999998 g
GARLIC PARMESAN AND HERB PITA CHIPS RECIPE BY TASTY
Provided by: Merle O’Neal
Yield: 2 servings
|1 pita bread|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 teaspoon vegetarian parmesan cheese|
|1 teaspoon garlic, minced|
|1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped|
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Slice pita bread into eighths and spread chips out on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and parsley, and brush onto both sides of the chips.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Allow to cool.
Calories 194 calories, CarbohydrateContent 14 grams, FatContent 14 grams, FiberContent 0 grams, ProteinContent 2 grams, SugarContent 0 grams
PITA POINTS WITH ROASTED RED PEPPER DIP RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 cups, 12 serving(s)
|3 whole wheat pita bread|
|3 large red bell peppers|
|4 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 small onion, chopped|
|1 garlic clove, minced|
|1 tablespoon cumin|
|1 small jalapeno, minced (adjust to taste)|
|2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses (regular can be substituted)|
|1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley (flat leaf)|
|2 tablespoons lime juice|
|fresh ground black pepper|
- Preheat Broiler.
- Cut the top and bottom 1/2" of the pepper off.
- Remove the stem carefully from the top.
- Pull the seeds and veins out of the middle of the pepper.
- Cut one side of the pepper and lay it out flat, skin side down so you can remove the remaining portion of the veins.
- Lay resulting pepper strip and the top & bottom on a cookie sheet, skin side up.
- Broil peppers 3 inches from the heat for 5 minutes until they start to get splotchy (use an upside down pan under them to get them closer if needed).
- Turn pan 180* and broil another 3-5 minutes until the skin is charred (you can tell when it starts to puff that they are ready).
- Put the peppers in a glass bowl, cover with plastic wrap for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove skin & discard.
- Reduce the oven to 200°F
- Cut the pita into eighths (pizza cutter works great).
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil.
- Saute the onion until soft, then add the garlic, cumin, and jalapeno.
- Continue to saute for 1 minute or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor (except pita) and process until smooth.
- Adjust seasoning with sea salt & black pepper.
- Serve dip with toasted pita, cover and refrigerate left-over dip.
Calories 99.1, FatContent 5.2, SaturatedFatContent 0.7, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 87.8, CarbohydrateContent 12.5, FiberContent 2.2, SugarContent 2.2, ProteinContent 2.2