SHAWARMA-SPICED PITA CHIPS WITH BROCCOLI TZATZIKI | TASTEMADE
Provided by: Tastemade
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|2 tablespoons ground coriander|
|1 teaspoon ground allspice|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1 teaspoon ground cumin|
|1/2 teaspoon ground ginger|
|1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric|
|1/4 teaspoon white pepper|
|1/4 teaspoon paprika|
|1/2 lemon, zested and juiced|
|1 pint Fage Greek yogurt, 2 percent fat|
|1 garlic clove, minced|
|1 head of broccoli, with stem|
|Kosher salt, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine spices in a small bowl, making sure they are well mixed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a sharp knife, cut through your stack of pita rounds to create 6 triangles.
- Place triangles in a large bowl and coat in olive oil. Season with shawarma spice blend and toss to coat.
- Lay triangles out on baking sheet, and bake for 15-20 minutes until crispy and golden.
- Transfer triangles to a rack and set aside to cool.
- Zest and juice your lemon, and mix into yogurt with garlic.
- Use a box grater to grate the broccoli stem. Mix broccoli stem into yogurt, season to taste.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with more broccoli shavings.
- Serve with pita chips.
HOT SPINACH SPREAD WITH PITA CHIPS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 16 servings (4 cups spread).
|2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese|
|1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry|
|1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed|
|2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped|
|3/4 cup chopped onion|
|1/3 cup half-and-half cream|
|1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper|
|6 pita breads (6 inches)|
|1/2 cup butter, melted|
|2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning|
|2 teaspoons ground cumin|
|1/4 teaspoon garlic salt|
- In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly., Meanwhile, cut each pita bread into 8 wedges. Place in two 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Combine the butter, lemon pepper, cumin and garlic salt; brush over pita wedges. , Bake for 7-9 minutes or until crisp. Serve with spinach spread.
Calories 231 calories, FatContent 16g fat (10g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 46mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 381mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 8g protein.