ARROZ CHAUFA DE POLLO: MOUTH-WATERING CHINESE-PERUVIAN FRIED RICE
The most widely consumed dish from the Chinese-Peruvian fusion cuisine known as chifa. Arroz Chaufa de Pollo is a delicious meal of chicken, rice, and eggs, with ginger, soy sauce, spring onions, garlic and peppers. It’s easy to prepare and will satisfy the hungriest of people at the dinner table. fee verte recettes.
Provided by: Eat Peru
Categories: Lunch,Main Dish,Starter
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|1 chicken breast (diced)|
|2 tablespoons ginger (freshly grated )|
|2 teaspoons garlic (freshly chopped )|
|½ cup red bell pepper (roughly chopped )|
|2 cups uncooked rice|
|½ cup soy sauce|
|¼ cup sesame oil|
|1 cup spring onions (chopped )|
|2 tablespoons vegetable oil for frying|
|Pinch of salt|
- Whisk the eggs together and fry with a bit of oil to make an omelet. Cut in small squares and set aside.
- Boil the rice until cooked and set aside to cool.
- Chop the red bell peppers and spring onions
- Chop the chicken into cubes
- In a wok or large frying pan, stir fry the diced chicken, seasoned with 1 tablespoon of grated ginger.
- When the chicken gets a Golden color, add the chopped red bell pepper, spring onion and omelet squares and the other tablespoon of grated ginger.
- Add the cooked rice, soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir fry at a high heat until the soy sauce and other ingredients are mixed through the rice evenly, for no longer than 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!