EASY PAN ROASTED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH THYME
Provided by: Adam and Joanne Gallagher
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: Makes 2 servings
|2 boneless skin-on chicken breasts (6 to 8 ounces each)|
|Salt and fresh ground black pepper|
|1 tablespoon neutral oil, like grape seed or canola|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|Handful fresh thyme sprigs|
|Half of a lemon, for serving|
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry and season generously with salt and pepper. Heat oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Carefully place chicken breasts into hot skillet skin side down. Cook without moving until skin is deep golden brown and crisp, about 6 minutes. Carefully flip the chicken then add the butter and thyme. When the butter has melted, spoon it over the chicken several times.
- Transfer skillet to the oven. Cook chicken until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken breasts registers 165 degrees F, 10 to 15 minutes. Spoon the thyme butter over the chicken a couple times while it bakes. (If you are cooking bone-in chicken breasts, expect that they will take a bit longer, I’d expect somewhere between 25 and 35 minutes.)
- Remove skillet from oven and transfer chicken to a cutting board. Let it rest about 5 minutes before serving. Serve with butter from the pan spooned on top as well as a squeeze of lemon.
Calories 397, ProteinContent 43 g, CarbohydrateContent 0 g, FiberContent 0 g, SugarContent 0 g, FatContent 24 g, SaturatedFatContent 8 g, CholesterolContent 137 mg
PAN-ROASTED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 60 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings.
|2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), cut into 3/4-inch pieces|
|1 large onion, coarsely chopped|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|3 garlic cloves, minced|
|1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided|
|1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed, divided|
|3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided|
|1/2 teaspoon paprika|
|6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds), skin removed|
|6 cups fresh baby spinach (about 6 ounces)|
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, oil, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray., In a small bowl, mix paprika and the remaining salt, rosemary and pepper. Sprinkle chicken with paprika mixture; arrange over vegetables. Roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and vegetables are just tender, 35-40 minutes., Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Top vegetables with spinach. Roast until vegetables are tender and spinach is wilted, 8-10 minutes longer. Stir vegetables to combine; serve with chicken.
Calories 357 calories, FatContent 14g fat (3g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 87mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 597mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, FiberContent 4g fiber), ProteinContent 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges 4 lean meat
PAN-ROASTED CHICKEN BREASTS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Chef John
Categories: Skillet Chicken Breasts
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|4 boneless chicken breast halves with skin|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (thyme, parsley, rosemary)|
|¼ cup apple cider vinegar|
|4 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces|
|1 tablespoon chicken broth (or water), if needed to thin sauce|
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it starts to shimmer. Place chicken breasts skin-side down in the skillet. Sprinkle with fresh herbs. Cook until the bottoms are well seared and golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Flip chicken breasts over and continue cooking until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of a breast reads 150 degrees F (66 degrees C), about 5 minutes.
- Add vinegar and cold butter to the pan with chicken. Shake the pan gently until butter melts and the internal temperature of chicken reads at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon chicken broth to thin sauce.
Calories 462.4 calories, CarbohydrateContent 0.3 g, CholesterolContent 157.2 mg, FatContent 30 g, FiberContent 0.1 g, ProteinContent 45.1 g, SaturatedFatContent 11.5 g, SodiumContent 243.5 mg, SugarContent 0.1 g
ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Mark Bittman
Total time: 1 hours
Yield: 4 servings
|1 whole chicken, 3 to 4 pounds, trimmed of excess fat|
|3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil|
|Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
- Put a cast-iron skillet on a low rack in the oven and heat the oven to 500 degrees. Rub the chicken all over with the oil and sprinkle it generously with salt and pepper.
- When the oven and skillet are hot, carefully put the chicken in the skillet, breast side up. Roast for 15 minutes, then turn the oven temperature down to 350 degrees. Continue to roast until the bird is golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the meaty part of the thigh reads 155 to 165 degrees.
- Tip the pan to let the juices flow from the chicken’s cavity into the pan. Transfer the chicken to a platter and let it rest for at least 5 minutes. Carve and serve.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 673, UnsaturatedFatContent 34 grams, CarbohydrateContent 1 gram, FatContent 51 grams, FiberContent 0 grams, ProteinContent 50 grams, SaturatedFatContent 13 grams, SodiumContent 949 milligrams, SugarContent 0 grams, TransFatContent 0 grams
THYME-ROASTED POUSSIN RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
Provided by: Martha Stewart
Categories: Dinner Recipes
|Four 12- to 14-ounce poussins|
|Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper|
|1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil|
|1 lemon, quartered|
|12 large sprigs of thyme|
|12 sprigs of marjoram|
|4 garlic cloves, crushed|
|2 tablespoons Cognac|
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Rinse the poussins and season the cavities with salt and pepper. Rub each with 1/4 teaspoon olive oil. Fill each cavity with a lemon wedge, 2 sprigs each of thyme and marjoram, and 1 crushed garlic clove.
- Loosen the skin from the breast of each poussin. Slide a sprig each of thyme and marjoram between the skin and the breast. Spoon the Cognac (1/2 tablespoon per bird) into the breast pockets of each poussin. Truss with kitchen string.
- On a roasting rack set in a roasting pan, roast for 30 minutes, or until the juices run clear when the thigh is pierced with a fork.