VEGAN HORCHATA (AGUA DE HORCHATA) – ELISE TRIES TO COOK
Provided by: Elise Shivamber
Total time: 1450 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
|1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice|
|4 cups water|
|2 cinnamon sticks|
|2 cups oat milk or coconut milk|
- Add uncooked long-grain white rice, water, and cinnamon sticks to a large bowl.
- Soak 4-6 hours minimum, best if overnight (up to 24 hours). Leave soaking rice in the refrigerator.
- Once soaked, blend the soaked white rice, water and cinnamon sticks in a high-speed blender until smooth. You should not see any large pieces of rice or cinnamon.
- Strain into a pitcher or large measuring cup.
- Add oat milk (or coconut milk) to the pitcher and stir to combine.
- Serve over ice immediately and garnish with a fresh cinnamon stick, or allow the flavors of the agua de horchata to combine in the fridge for at least 4 hours and then serve.
- If serving at a later time, make sure to stir before serving. It is completely normal for the milk and rice milk to separate.
ServingSize 1 cup, Calories 190 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 40 g, ProteinContent 4 g, FatContent 1 g, SaturatedFatContent 1 g, SodiumContent 57 mg, FiberContent 2 g, SugarContent 8 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 2 g