PERFECT SUSHI RICE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: LucyDelRey
Categories: Rice Side Dishes
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 5 cups
|2 cups uncooked glutinous white rice (sushi rice)|
|3 cups water|
|½ cup rice vinegar|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|¼ cup white sugar|
|1 teaspoon salt|
- Rinse the rice in a strainer or colander under cold running water until the water runs clear.
- Combine rice and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until rice is tender and all water has been absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove from stove and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, combine rice vinegar, oil, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool, then stir into the cooked rice. While mixture will appear very wet at first, keep stirring and rice will dry as it cools.
Calories 112.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 23.5 g, FatContent 1 g, FiberContent 0.7 g, ProteinContent 1.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.2 g, SodiumContent 158.2 mg, SugarContent 3.3 g
HOMEMADE SUSHI RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: 1ORANGE1
Categories: Spicy Appetizers
Total time: 1 hours 5 minutes
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 cut rolls
|1 ⅓ cups water|
|⅔ cup uncooked short-grain white rice|
|3 tablespoons rice vinegar|
|3 tablespoons white sugar|
|1 ½ teaspoons salt|
|4 sheets nori seaweed sheets|
|½ pound imitation crabmeat, flaked|
|1 avocado – peeled, pitted, and sliced|
|½ cucumber, peeled, cut into small strips|
|2 tablespoons pickled ginger|
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Bring water to a boil in a medium pot; stir in rice. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and water has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Mix rice vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small bowl. Gently stir into cooked rice in the pot and set aside.
- Lay nori sheets on a baking sheet.
- Heat nori in the preheated oven until warm, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Center 1 nori sheet on a bamboo sushi mat. Use wet hands to spread a thin layer of rice on top. Arrange 1/4 of the crabmeat, avocado, cucumber, and pickled ginger over rice in a line down the center. Lift one end of the mat and roll it tightly over filling to make a complete roll. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Use a wet, sharp knife to cut each roll into 4 to 6 slices.
Calories 152.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 25.8 g, CholesterolContent 5.7 mg, FatContent 3.9 g, FiberContent 2.4 g, ProteinContent 3.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.6 g, SodiumContent 702.5 mg, SugarContent 7.4 g