DRUNKEN STYLE NOODLES WITH SHRIMP – SKINNYTASTE
Provided by: Gina
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|8 cups plus ¾ cup water (plus more as needed)|
|8 ounces rice noodles (as thick as you can find)|
|2 tablespoons oyster sauce*|
|2 tablespoons soy sauce or gluten-free Tamari|
|1½ tablespoons fish sauce|
|1½ tablespoons sriracha (or to taste)|
|1 tablespoon dark brown sugar|
|3 large eggs|
|1 tablespoon (plus 1 teaspoon vegetable oil)|
|1 pound large (31/35) shrimp (peeled and deveined)|
|2½ cups bite-sized broccoli florets ((from an 8-ounce/225 g broccoli crown))|
|1 bunch of scallions (light and dark green parts separated, thinly sliced)|
|4 garlic cloves (minced)|
|½ cup loosely packed Thai or Italian basil leaves (roughly chopped)|
|1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)|
|Lime wedges (for serving (optional))|
- Soak the noodles: Bring the 8 cups (2 L) water to a boil in a large pot. Remove the pot from the heat and add the rice noodles. Stir very well so they don’t stick, then let soak, stirring frequently, until soft, pliable, and just shy of perfectly cooked (they should be al dente, just like regular pasta). This process should take 10 to 20 minutes; check the noodles frequently as the soaking time varies greatly depending on the width and brand of the noodles. Drain and rinse well with cold water. (If not using the noodles right away, toss them with a little oil to prevent sticking.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, sriracha, brown sugar, and ¼ cup (60 mL) of the water.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with ⅛ teaspoon salt.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large (12-inch/30 cm) nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the shrimp and sprinkle with ⅛ teaspoon salt; cook, tossing occasionally, until the shrimp are opaque and just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a large bowl and wipe clean.
- Spray the skillet with oil; add the eggs and scramble until cooked through.
- Transfer the eggs to the bowl with the shrimp.
- Add the broccoli to the pan along with ⅛ teaspoon salt and the remaining ½ cup (120 mL) water. Cover and steam until cooked through, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the broccoli to the bowl with the shrimp and eggs.
- Discard any excess water from the pan and wipe it clean with a moist paper towel.
- Return the pan to the stove, increase the heat to high, and add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. When the oil is shimmering, add the light scallions and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the noodles and sauce to the pan and toss with tongs until the noodles absorb the sauce and are perfectly tender, 3 to 5 minutes. If the noodles remain a bit tough at this point, add 2 tablespoons water to the skillet and continue to toss and cook until tender. Repeat with more water as necessary.
- Add the shrimp, eggs, and broccoli, the dark scallions, and the basil and lime juice to the skillet and toss until heated through. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. If the noodles seem dry, add another tablespoon
ServingSize 2 generous cups, Calories 487 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 59.5 g, ProteinContent 35 g, FatContent 11 g, SaturatedFatContent 3 g, CholesterolContent 306.5 mg, SodiumContent 1539.5 mg, FiberContent 3.5 g, SugarContent 6.5 g
SESAME SHRIMP STIR-FRY | RICARDO
Provided by: Ricardocuisine
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
|1/4 cup (60 ml) Hoisin sauce|
|2 tablespoons (30 ml) rice vinegar|
|2 tablespoons (30 ml) soy sauce|
|1 1/2 lb (675 g) shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil|
|2 cups (500 ml) snow peas trimmed and cut on the diagonal into thirds|
|6 green onions, finely sliced (keep the white and green parts separate)|
|2 tablespoons (30 ml) sesame seeds|
|1 tablespoon (15 ml) chopped fresh ginger|
|2 cloves garlic, chopped|
|1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) Asian chile paste, or to taste|
|2 tablespoons (30 ml) toasted sesame oil|
- Sesame Shrimp Stir-Fry
Calories 400 calories
SHRIMP SCAMPI WITH CAPELLINI PASTA | GORDON RAMSAY
Provided by: GORDONRAMSAY.COM