FRUIT MUESLI | RICARDO
|1 1/2 cups (375 ml) rolled oats|
|1 cup (250 ml) 2% plain yogurt|
|1 cup (250 ml) milk|
|2 Cortland or Granny Smith apples, unpeeled and grated (or both varieties for colour)|
|1/2 cup (125 ml) dried cranberries|
|1/2 cup (125 ml) maple syrup|
|1/4 cup (60 ml) ground flax seeds|
|1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) vanilla extract|
|Fresh fruit, to taste (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries …)|
|Yogurt (hazelnut, vanilla or plain)|
|Hazelnuts or almonds, chopped|
|Dried or fresh coconut, grated|
- Fruit Muesli
Calories 465 calories
DRIED FRUIT MUESLI RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 8 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8 hours
Yield: 2 serving(s)
|1 cup quick oats|
|1 cup low-fat milk|
|1/4 cup orange juice|
|1/4 cup chopped dried apricot|
|1/4 cup chopped dried apple|
|1/4 cup dried cranberries|
|2 tablespoons sliced almonds|
|2 tablespoons honey|
|1/8 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon cinnamon|
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
- Cover and chill for at least 8 hours or overnight.
Calories 389.3, FatContent 6.8, SaturatedFatContent 1.5, CholesterolContent 6.1, SodiumContent 213.1, CarbohydrateContent 73.8, FiberContent 7.6, SugarContent 42.4, ProteinContent 12.8
EASY MUESLI RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE MUESLI | KITCHN
Provided by: Grace Elkus
Total time: 1800S
Prep time: 900S
Cook time: 900S
|3 1/2 cups rolled oats|
|1/2 cup wheat bran|
|1/2 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/2 cup sliced almonds|
|1/4 cup raw pecans, coarsely chopped|
|1/4 cup raw pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)|
|1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes|
|1/4 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped|
|1/4 cup dried cherries|
- Toast the grains, nuts, and seeds. Arrange 2 racks to divide the oven into thirds and heat to 350°F. Place the oats, wheat bran, salt, and cinnamon on a rimmed baking sheet; toss to combine; and spread into an even layer. Place the almonds, pecans, and pepitas on a second rimmed baking sheet; toss to combine; and spread into an even layer. Transfer both baking sheets to oven, placing oats on top rack and nuts on bottom. Bake until nuts are fragrant, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the coconut. Remove the baking sheet with the nuts and set aside to cool. Sprinkle the coconut over the oats, return to the upper rack, and bake until the coconut is golden-brown, about 5 minutes more. Remove from oven and set aside to cool, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Transfer the contents of both baking sheets to a large bowl.
- Add the dried fruit. Add the apricots and cherries and toss to combine.
- Transfer to an airtight container. Muesli can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
- Enjoy as desired. Enjoy as oatmeal, cereal, overnight oats, or with yogurt, topped with fresh fruit and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup, if desired.
SaturatedFatContent 4.2 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 0.0 g, CarbohydrateContent 36.4 g, SugarContent 6.9 g, ServingSize Serves 8, ProteinContent 8.5 g, FatContent 13.0 g, Calories 275 cal, SodiumContent 122.5 mg, FiberContent 7.5 g, CholesterolContent 0 mg