POULET A LA MOUTARDE (CHICKEN IN DIJON MUSTARD SAUCE) RECIPE …
Provided by: Diana71
Categories: French Recipes
Total time: 1 hours 5 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|1 tablespoon oil|
|1 tablespoon butter|
|1 pound skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs|
|salt and ground black pepper to taste|
|⅓ cup Dijon mustard|
|1 large onion, sliced|
|1 cup white wine|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|⅓ cup heavy cream|
|1 large bay leaf|
|5 sprigs fresh thyme|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Warm oil and butter in a large, ovenproof casserole or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and place into the pot, skin-side down. Brush thighs with 1/2 the mustard. Cook until skin is golden, 3 to 4 minutes, and turn thighs over. Brush with remaining mustard. Cook 3 to 4 minutes more and transfer thighs to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add sliced onion to the casserole. Cook until nearly clear, 5 to 6 minutes. Pour in wine to deglaze. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil, about 5 minutes. Keep cooking until sauce reduces slightly and no longer smells strongly of alcohol, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Pour broth and heavy cream into the casserole dish. Scrape the bottom to loosen browned bits. Add bay leaf and thyme. Return chicken to the casserole dish and cover.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink at the bone and juices run clear, about 40 minutes.
Calories 427.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 18.9 g, CholesterolContent 100.2 mg, FatContent 25.6 g, FiberContent 5.6 g, ProteinContent 20.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 10.2 g, SodiumContent 919.4 mg, SugarContent 2.5 g
CHEF JOHN’S BEURRE BLANC RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Chef John
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|½ cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)|
|2 tablespoons lemon juice|
|2 tablespoons heavy cream|
|2 teaspoons very finely minced shallots|
|4 ounces cold unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|1 pinch cayenne pepper|
|salt to taste|
- Place wine, lemon juice, cream, and shallots in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and let simmer until liquid is reduced by about 75%, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to the lowest setting and whisk in 2 cubes butter. Keep butter moving until it completely melts. Add a few more cubes, whisking continuously so butter emulsifies into wine-lemon juice mixture. Continue to add remaining butter, a few cubes at a time, until sauce has a thick, luxurious texture, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from heat. Season with cayenne pepper and salt.
Calories 255.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 2 g, CholesterolContent 70.4 mg, FatContent 25.5 g, FiberContent 0.1 g, ProteinContent 0.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 16.1 g, SodiumContent 46.5 mg, SugarContent 0.6 g