MOSTARDA DI FRUTTA RECIPE AND HOW IS IT USED?
Provided by: Nonna Box
Total time: 4350 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|2 kg fruit (not overripe)|
|1 kg sugar|
|5 drops of mustard essential oil|
- Place alternating layers of fruit and sugar in a steel pot, then let it rest for 24 hours.
- Place the pot over medium heat and boil for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it rest for 24 hours in a dry place. Do not cover the pot when boiling or resting, to prevent condensation from dripping on the fruit.
- Boil for another 5 minutes and let it rest, as before, then repeat a third time and let it cool.
- Put 5 drops of mustard essential oil in canning jars and fill them with the fruit and syrup, close tightly, and store in a dark place. Allow the mustard to sit for a few days before being used.
ServingSize 30 g, Calories 998 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 258 g, ProteinContent 2 g, FatContent 1 g, SaturatedFatContent 1 g, SodiumContent 22 mg, FiberContent 6 g, SugarContent 245 g
MOSTARDA DI CREMONA RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 22 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 7 minutes
Yield: 4 cups (approximately)
|4 dried figs, cut 1/2 cubes|
|1 unripe pear, peeled and cut 1/2 cubes|
|1/2 cup dried apricot, cut 1/2 cubes|
|1/2 cup dried cherries|
|1/2 cup dried apple, cut 1/4 julienne|
|1 1/2 cups dry red wine|
|1 cup sugar|
|1/2 cup honey|
|1/2 cup prepared mustard|
|1/4 cup mustard seeds, cracked|
- Place figs, pear, apricots, cherries, and apples into a mixing bowl and stir to mix.
- In a saucepan, heat wine, sugar and honey together until boiling. Boil for 3-4 minutes, or until slightly reduced and syrupy. Remove from heat and stir in mustard and seeds.
- Pour over fruit and allow to steep 24 hours. Jar and refrigerate.
Calories 569.7, FatContent 3.8, SaturatedFatContent 0.2, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 372.2, CarbohydrateContent 122.2, FiberContent 6.6, SugarContent 110.4, ProteinContent 4.3