THE REAL MOJITO RECIPE (WITH VIDEO) | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Brandy
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 cocktail
|10 fresh mint leaves|
|½ medium lime, cut into 3 wedges, divided|
|2 tablespoons white sugar, or to taste|
|1 cup ice cubes, or as needed|
|1 ½ fluid ounces white rum|
|½ cup club soda, or as needed|
- Place mint leaves and 1 lime wedge into a sturdy glass. Use a muddler and crush to release mint oils and lime juice.
- Add remaining lime wedges and 2 tablespoons sugar, and muddle again to release the lime juice. Do not strain the mixture.
- Fill the glass almost to the top with ice. Pour in rum and fill the glass with club soda.
- Stir, taste, and add more sugar if desired.
Calories 203.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 28.5 g, FatContent 0.1 g, FiberContent 0.9 g, ProteinContent 0.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 0 g, SodiumContent 11.4 mg
CLASSIC FRESH RUM MOJITOS
Provided by: Adam and Joanne Gallagher
Total time: 5 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yield: Makes 1 drink
|1 ounce (2 tablespoons) freshly squeezed lime juice|
|2 teaspoons sugar|
|8 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish|
|2 ounces (1/4 cup) white rum|
|1 ounce (2 tablespoons) club soda|
|Lime slice for garnish|
- Add lime juice, sugar and eight mint leaves to a cocktail shaker.
- Use the end of a wooden spoon or cocktail muddler to bash (or muddle) the mint into the lime juice and sugar. This releases oils from the mint and helps the sugar dissolve into the lime juice.
- Add rum, stir well, and then pour into a glass filled with ice, leaving about an inch of room. Top with club soda and serve with extra mint leaves and a lime slice.
ServingSize 1 drink, Calories 176, ProteinContent 0 g, CarbohydrateContent 14 g, FiberContent 0 g, SugarContent 9 g, FatContent 0 g, CholesterolContent 0 mg