FRENCH BAGUETTES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Judy Taubert
Categories: Bread Machine
Total time: 1 hours 35 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 baguettes
|2 ½ cups bread flour|
|1 cup water|
|1 tablespoon white sugar|
|1 ½ teaspoons bread machine yeast|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 egg yolk|
|1 tablespoon water|
- Place flour, 1 cup water, sugar, yeast, and salt into a bread machine pan in the order recommended by manufacturer. Select Dough cycle; press Start.
- While the cycle is running, grease a bowl and cookie sheet with cooking spray; set them aside.
- When the cycle is complete, place dough in the greased bowl, turning to coat all sides. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes. Dough is ready if indentation remains when touched.
- Punch down dough and transfer to a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 16-x12-inch rectangle. Cut dough in half, creating two 8-x12-inch rectangles. Roll up each half of dough tightly, beginning at a long side, pounding out any air bubbles as you go. Roll gently back and forth to taper ends. Place 3 inches apart on the greased cookie sheet.
- Make deep diagonal slashes across loaves every 2 inches or one lengthwise slash on each loaf. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix egg yolk with 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl; brush over tops of loaves.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
Calories 112.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 22 g, CholesterolContent 17.1 mg, FatContent 0.9 g, FiberContent 0.8 g, ProteinContent 3.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.2 g, SodiumContent 195.9 mg, SugarContent 1.1 g
BREAD MACHINE FRENCH BREAD
Provided by: BigOven Cooks
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|1 1/3 cups Water warm|
|1 1/2 tbsps olive oil|
|1 1/2 tsp. Salt|
|2 tbsps Sugar|
|4 cups All purpose flour or bread flour|
|2 tsp. Yeast|
- Place the warm water into your bread pan. Be sure the kneading paddle is in place. Then add the olive oil, the salt, and the sugar, in this order. Add the flour, covering the liguid. Make a small indentation on top of the center of the flour, but not deep enough to reach the liquid. Add the yeast to this indentation. (Adding the ingredients in this order is important, especially when using the timer. It keeps the yeast away from the liquid ingredients until it is time to knead them together. Liquid ingredients will prematurely activate the yeast.) Now you are ready to set your bread pan in the machine and set the timer or choose the French Bread Cycle. This recipe makes a 2lb loaf.
Calories 166 calories, FatContent 3.28802387794118 g, CarbohydrateContent 29.8692593119298 g, CholesterolContent 0 mg, FiberContent 1.24892294595049 g, ProteinContent 3.9566516929922 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.46417449089886 g, ServingSize 1 1 serving (53g), SodiumContent 1.67504026620648 mg, SugarContent 28.6203363659793 g, TransFatContent 0.202810061562125 g