LEBANESE CHICKEN WITH RICE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
|3 tablespoons olive oil|
|4 boneless skinless chicken thighs|
|2 diced onions|
|300 g ground beef or 300 g ground lamb|
|1 tablespoon minced garlic|
|2 teaspoons ground cinnamon|
|1 teaspoon ground allspice|
|1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper or 1/4 teaspoon hot chili flakes|
|3/4 teaspoon salt|
|1 1/2 cups long grain rice|
|3 cups hot stock (you can use 3 beef or chicken stock cubes, if so omit the salt)|
|2 tablespoons pine nuts|
|2 tablespoons minced parsley|
- Heat the olive oil over high heat in a pan.
- Sauté the chicken on both sides until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and ground beef to the same hot pan.
- Cook until the onions and meat is beginning to brown, then add the garlic and cook another minute or two.
- Add the cinnamon, allspice, cayenne pepper (or chilli flakes) and salt; sauté two minutes while stirring.
- Stir in the rice making sure that it is fully covered with the oil and spices, place the chicken in the rice.
- Add the pine nuts.
- Pour in the stock or water and cover. Cook slowly for about half an hour. Stir occasionally and as you do so allow the chicken to break up. You may need to add extra hot water if the rice gets a little dry.
- Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle with minced parsley.
Calories 646, FatContent 27.6, SaturatedFatContent 6.9, CholesterolContent 108.3, SodiumContent 552.4, CarbohydrateContent 63.7, FiberContent 2.7, SugarContent 2.7, ProteinContent 33.8
LEBANESE CHICKEN AND RICE (RIZ A DJEJ) – JOELLE BARAKE
Provided by: joellebarake.com
Categories: Main Course,Main Dish
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 people
|2 tbsp Butter|
|150 g Ground Beef (I used Lean)|
|1 1/2 Cup Rice (I used Basmati)|
|1 tbsp Salt|
|1/2 tsp Pepper|
|1 tsp Chinese 5 Spice|
|1 tsp Cinnamon|
|1/2 tsp Cumin|
|3 Cups Chicken broth|
|2 tbsp Olive Oil|
|1/4 Cup Pine nuts|
|1/4 Cup Slivered Almonds|
|1/4 Cup Pistachios|
|2 Chicken breast on the bone|
|6 cups Water|
|3 Bay Leaves|
|1 Onion, quartered|
|1 tsp Salt|
- Clean your chicken under cold water. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add chicken, bay leaves, onion and salt and bring to a boil and then let simmer for 20 mins, removing any impurities that come to the pot of the water. While this cooks start on your rice.
- In a large pot add your butter over medium high heat and add your ground beef breaking it up and cooking until brown. Add your spices, salt and pepper and cook until fragrant. Add your rice and saute until they absorb all the fat at the bottom of the pan about 1 to 2 mins. Add your broth and bring to a boil and reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 20 mins.
- While the rice and chicken cook you can start to saute your nuts. I usually do mine one at a time, making sure they don't burn, so keep a close eye on them. repeat until all nuts are golden and remove onto a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- When chicken has completely cooked through you can break it up into large pieces and put back into the broth liquid to stay moist.
- When the rice has finished cooking, take a fork and fluff the rice up and mix making sure that the ground meat is evenly distributed. Give it a final taste adjusting any of the flavors. Once ready empty onto a serving platter top with the nuts and chicken.
LEBANESE HUSHWEE RICE WITH CHICKEN – THE LEMON BOWL®
Provided by: Liz DellaCroce
Categories: Main Course
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
|12 ounces shredded cooked chicken breast (such as rotisserie)|
|4 servings Lebanese Hushwee Rice|
|minced parsley (to serve)|
|Cucumber Laban and pita bread (to serve)|
- Prepare Lebanese Hushwee Rice according to these instructions.
- Top dish with shredded chicken meat (or fold it into the rice) then garnish with additional toasted pine nuts and fresh parsley. Serve with pita bread and Cucumber Laban .
ServingSize 1 cup, Calories 465 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 21.1 g, ProteinContent 38.3 g, FatContent 23.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 10.1 g, CholesterolContent 123 mg, SodiumContent 845 mg, FiberContent 1.7 g, SugarContent 2 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 13.7 g