JAMBON PERSILLE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 31 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 minutes
Yield: 1 dish
|2 (1 1/2 kg) smoked ham hocks|
|750 ml dry white wine|
|4 onions, peeled,one studded with 8 cloves|
|1 pork trotter, split and blanched|
|2 bay leaves|
|4 cloves garlic, peeled|
|2 carrots, peeled and sliced|
|4 celery ribs, roughly chopped|
|15 g gelatin (3 teaspoons)|
|2 tablespoons white wine vinegar|
|salt & freshly ground black pepper|
|1 bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped|
- Place the ham hocks in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to the boil, simmer for 15 minutes, then drain.
- Add the wine and aromatics, and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 1 1/4 hours then strain through a muslin-lined sieve into a large bowl.
- Discard the trotter and aromatics.
- Cool the ham, remove the fat and skin and roughly dice the meat.
- Heat the stock, and add the gelatine, stirring to dissolve.
- Add the white wine vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a layer of ham in a large bowl and sprinkle with a layer of parsley.
- Repeat until all the ham and parsley are used up, then pour the stock over and refrigerate until set.
- Turn out of the bowl and serve sliced.
Calories 7429, FatContent 316.9, SaturatedFatContent 109.3, CholesterolContent 2760, SodiumContent 2280.8, CarbohydrateContent 91.7, FiberContent 16.4, SugarContent 35.5, ProteinContent 870.3