EASY, 30 MINUTE CHOCOLATE CROISSANTS
Provided by: Adam and Joanne Gallagher
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: Makes 16 mini croissants
|1 large egg|
|1 tablespoon water|
|1/2 of a 17.3 ounce package Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed|
|2/3 cup (113 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips or small chocolate chunks|
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or non-stick baking mat.
- Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork or whisk then set aside.
- Lightly flour your work surface. Unfold the pastry sheet then lightly dust top with flour. Use a rolling pin to roll the sheet into a 16-inch square. Cut pastry square in half then cut each half into four rectangles (making eight, 8-inch by 4-inch rectangles). Now, cut each rectangle diagonally into two triangles (making 16 triangles).
- Place about 2 teaspoons of the chocolate chips down the center of each triangle. Then, starting at the wider end, roll each triangle up. Place each croissant seam-side down so that the tip of the triangle is tucked under the rolled croissant. Then, bend in the edges, creating a crescent shape. Lightly brush tops of croissants with egg wash.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until they are golden brown.
Calories 102, ProteinContent 3 g, CarbohydrateContent 11 g, FiberContent 0 g, SugarContent 4 g, FatContent 7 g, SaturatedFatContent 3 g, CholesterolContent 12 mg
MINI CROISSANT RECIPE | EASY TO MAKE – THEFOODXP
Provided by: Yamini Rathore
Total time: 1510 minutes
Prep time: 60 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|7 tsp Instant Yeast|
|⅓ cup Water|
|4 cups Cake Flour|
|¼ cup Sugar|
|1 tsp Kosher Salt|
|1 cup Whole Milk|
|1 cup Unsalted Butter|
- In a small bowl, mix water and yeast. Keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- In a mixer, add flour, sugar, and salt. Then, add the yeast mixture and milk. Mix it until it forms a ball.
- Take out the dough and knead it for 5 minutes until it gets soft and firm.
- Keep this dough in a greased bowl and keep it for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Dust your work surface with some flour and roll the dough. Make rectangular sheets out of it. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, give the butter a rectangular shape and place them between the sheets of wax paper and roll them. If it is too warm then, let the butter cool.
- Now, place the rectangular sheet of butter on the rectangular dough. Fold the dough until it covers the whole butter slab. You have to fold it from two sides to cover the butter and form a closed butter-filled dough.
- Repeat the same procedure for the remaining dough, dust the dough with dry flour, wrap it with some plastic wrap and refrigerate them for about 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, take the dough out of the refrigerator and unwrap it. Trim its sides to form straight edges.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the dough in half size or as per your requirement, cut those sheets into halves, cut those strips into a triangular shape.
- When the triangle-shaped dough is ready, start with the base and roll them into crescents from the base towards the tip.
- Align the baking sheets and put silicone baking mats on them. Place the croissants on them carefully.
- Brush the surface of the croissants with beaten eggs. Keep the croissants uncovered and let them rest for 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 4000F before baking. Bake them for about 15-28 minutes until golden brown. Let them cool and your mini Croissants are ready.
Calories 65 kcal, SaturatedFatContent 2 g, CholesterolContent 111 mg, SodiumContent 119 mg, CarbohydrateContent 7 g, ProteinContent 1 g, SugarContent 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
MINI CRESCENT DOGS RECIPE – PILLSBURY.COM
Provided by: Pillsbury Kitchens
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
|2 cans (8 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescent Rolls (8 Count)|
|48 cocktail-size smoked link sausages or hot dogs (from two 14-oz packages)|
- Heat oven to 375°F. Unroll both cans of the dough; separate into 16 triangles. Cut each triangle lengthwise into 3 narrow triangles.
- Place sausage on shortest side of each triangle. Roll up each, starting at shortest side of triangle and rolling to opposite point; place point side down on 2 ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, switching position of cookie sheets halfway through baking. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
Calories 60 , CarbohydrateContent 5 g, CholesterolContent 5 mg, FatContent 1 , FiberContent 0 g, ProteinContent 2 g, SaturatedFatContent 1 g, ServingSize 1 Snack, SodiumContent 230 mg, SugarContent 1 g
MINI CROISSANT CRUST PECAN PIES | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Chef John
Categories: Pecan Pie
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Yield: 12 mini pies
|¼ cup unsalted butter|
|1 cup light brown sugar|
|1 cup light corn syrup|
|2 teaspoons kosher salt|
|1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract|
|2 tablespoons bourbon whiskey|
|4 large eggs|
|3 cups pecan halves, coarsely chopped|
|2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened|
|6 large croissants|
- Combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, salt, vanilla, and bourbon whiskey in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer, then whisk mixture and boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and whisk quickly to combine. Stir in pecans. Set aside until mixture thickens a bit and cools down, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Use the butter to generously grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Cut each croissant in half, then turn the halves and slice open like you’re making a sandwich. Place each piece into a prepared muffin cup and press it down and into the sides to fit and line the cup. Remove any pieces that stick up over the edge of the muffin cup and patch those in where needed to cover the sides.
- Spoon the pecan filling evenly into the muffin cups, stirring between each spoonful to ensure you get an even amount of nuts and sauce. Use your fingers to press pecans into the cups and even out the tops so they don’t burn. Clean up any syrup that dripped onto the pan.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven until golden brown, about 25 minutes, with a pan on the rack underneath to catch any drips.
- Remove from the pan and let sit in the pan for 5 minutes. Turn each pie a bit, then lift out and place on a plate to continue cooling. Let cool completely before serving.
Calories 547.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 58.3 g, CholesterolContent 99.7 mg, FatContent 34.1 g, FiberContent 3.5 g, ProteinContent 7.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 9.8 g, SodiumContent 615.5 mg