CHERRY SOURS CANDY RECIPE FOR KIDS – THEFOODXP
Provided by: Samah
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|1 cup Apple Juice|
|½ cup Golden Corn Syrup|
|1 Pack Jello|
|1 Pack Koolaid|
|1 box Gelatin|
|1 tbsp Citric Acid|
- In a saucepan, heat the apple juice and golden corn syrup over medium heat until the mixture becomes thick.
- In a small bowl, add dry ingredients and mix them properly.
- Wrap the aluminum tray with Swarn Wrap.
- In a bowl, add the apple corn mixture and mix with dry ingredients. Heat the mixture on the pot so that gelatin dissolves for 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a tray and leave for 5 hours at room temperature.
- After the mixture is set, before you cut the jelly, remove the saran wrap.
- Cut the jelly in different shapes according to you and coat them in sugar and citric acid mixture.
Calories 150 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 37 g, SugarContent 29 g, ServingSize 1 serving
SUGAR FREE SOUR CHERRY GUMMIES – SANS SUCRE BAKERIE
Provided by: Jackie Wong
Total time: 4 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 4 hours 0 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|1 cup frozen pitted cherries|
|50g powdered gelatin|
|1.25 tsp citric acid|
|1 cup allulose|
|3/4c fiberyum syrup|
|Sour Powder Mix: 1 part citric acid to 2.5 parts allulose|
- Heat the cherries in a saucepan to soften and cook slightly. Puree the cherries and strain to get 1/2 cup juice.
- Optional: Spread the pulp thinly on a baking sheet and dehydrate. This can be ground into a powder and be added into the sour powder mix.
- Mix the gelatin powder with the cherry juice, set aside until bloomed.
- In a clean saucepan, heat the allulose, water, and fiberyum to 290F. Use a candy thermometer to monitor temperature.
- Remove from heat and stir in cherry gelatin, citric acid, and salt.
- Transfer to a spouted glass container, e.g. a pyrex measuring cup.
- Use the spout to precision pour into gummy molds. Work quickly as the mixture will thicken as it cools. Alternatively, you can pour a sheet and cut into cubes like pate de fruit.
- Chill for 1-2 hours until completely solidified. They may be difficult to remove from molds, but they should be quite resilient if you pull on them!
- Optional: soak gummies in everclear or other clear alcohol to help dry out the surface. You can also chill uncovered in the refrigerator to dry them out more.
- Toss gummies in Sour Powder Mixture and serve.
Calories 75, FatContent 0g, CarbohydrateContent 25g, ProteinContent 6g, FiberContent 23g, SugarContent 2g, SodiumContent 18mg