CRAB CEVICHE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: LOUISGUCCI
Categories: Crab Salad
Total time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
|1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat, flaked|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|2 large tomatoes, chopped|
|3 serrano peppers, finely chopped|
|1 red onion, finely chopped|
|½ bunch cilantro, chopped|
|2 limes, juiced|
|salt and pepper to taste|
- Place imitation crab into a large glass or porcelain bowl; stir in olive oil until well coated. Stir in tomatoes, serrano peppers, onion, and cilantro. Squeeze lime juice on top and mix well. Season generously with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour before serving.
Calories 61.8 calories, CarbohydrateContent 9.3 g, CholesterolContent 5.6 mg, FatContent 2 g, FiberContent 1.6 g, ProteinContent 2.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.3 g, SodiumContent 240.5 mg, SugarContent 3.9 g
CRAB CEVICHE APPETIZER RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 , 6 serving(s)
|16 ounces crabmeat or 16 ounces imitation crabmeat|
|1 1/2 cups cilantro, chopped (remove stems)|
|1/2 white onion, chopped|
|2 tomatoes, diced|
|1 seedless cucumber|
|3 finely chopped serrano peppers (optional)|
|1 tablespoon ketchup|
|1/2 cup Clamato juice|
- In a large bowl blend crab meat without breaking it up too much.
- Add juice of 2 limes, onion, tomatoes, chopped cucumber and Serrano peppers.
- Add salt.
- Combine the ketchup, clamato and the juice of the third lime.
- Add more salt if necessary.
- Serve with Mexican corn chip or crackers.
- I serve in a margarita glass with a wedge of lime on top.
- Note: You can use V8 juice instead of Clamato if you want.
Calories 105.1, FatContent 0.7, SaturatedFatContent 0.1, CholesterolContent 31.7, SodiumContent 738.3, CarbohydrateContent 10.8, FiberContent 2, SugarContent 4.1, ProteinContent 15.1
TROPICAL BLUE CRAB CEVICHE (SAFE CEVICHE) – CRUSTACEA
Provided by: Crustacea Admin
|1 16oz can your favorite Crustacea White Crab Meat (Super Lump works the best but Special can do a great job as well)|
|1 cup fresh lime Juice (Yes! It is ceviche not crab salad)|
|2 large diced tomatoes|
|1 chopped seedless cucumber|
|1 chopped green mango|
|½ cup chopped Onion|
|1 cup chopped cilantro|
|3 tablespoons Valentina Hot Sauce Yellow label (optional)|
|1 chopped serrano pepper (optional)|
- Open the can of Crustacea Crab Meat and put it in a large salad bowl. Break any chunks. Sprinkle some salt on the crab meat, add the chopped onion, half of the fresh lime juice and mix gently trying not to break the meat too much. Cover and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Add the cucumber, mango, cilantro, tomatoes and toss the mix. Taste for saltines and add more salt if necessary.
- The Valentina sauce is not very spicy and it adds a nice flavor to the recipe but as the serrano pepper, it is optional if you want to add a nice kick to the ceviche.
- Serve directly on tostadas or small bowls.
The ceviche can be an appetizer or a meal itself.