COPYCAT CHICK-FIL-A CHICKEN MINIS RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
|¾ cup dill pickle juice|
|2 tablespoons granulated sugar|
|2 (12-oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 11/2-inch pieces|
|1/3 cup whole buttermilk|
|1 ¼ teaspoons cayenne pepper|
|1 large egg|
|1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour|
|3 tablespoons cornstarch|
|2 tablespoons powdered sugar|
|2 tablespoons powdered milk|
|1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt|
|1 teaspoons black pepper|
|½ teaspoons paprika|
|½ teaspoon baking powder|
|¼ teaspoon baking soda|
|4 cups peanut oil|
|2 (11-oz.) pkgs. frozen Parker House Rolls, such as Sister Schubert|
|¼ cup salted butter, melted|
|1 ½ tablespoons honey|
- Stir together pickle juice and granulated sugar in a medium bowl until sugar dissolves. Add chicken breast pieces; cover and chill 30 minutes. Remove from bring, and pat dry.
- Whisk together buttermilk, cayenne, and egg in a shallow dish. Whisk together flour, cornstarch, powdered sugar, powdered milk, salt, pepper, paprika, baking powder, and baking soda in a second shallow dish.
- Dredge brined chicken pieces in flour mixture to coat and shake off excess. Toss chicken in egg mixture to coat, and then back to flour mixture to dredge again. Press flour mixture to adhere to chicken, and place on a wire rack. Chill 15 minutes. Heat oil to 325°F in a Dutch oven over medium-high.
- Carefully add chicken pieces to hot oil in 3 batches, turning often to ensure even browning. Cook until cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes. Let drain on a wire rack set in a baking sheet lined with foil or paper towels.
- Meanwhile, bake frozen Parker House Rolls according to package directions. Once you remove the foil to continue baking, stir together melted butter and honey. Brush honey butter over tops of rolls and continue baking 5-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and split rolls in half. Add cooked chicken nuggets to rolls and serve immediately.