HOMEMADE LASAGNA RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: CRAIG
Categories: Meat Lasagna
Total time: 2 hours 50 minutes
Prep time: 1 hours 25 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Yield: 1 9×13-inch lasagna
|½ pound ground pork|
|½ pound lean ground beef|
|½ cup minced onion|
|1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes|
|1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce|
|2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided|
|1 clove garlic, crushed|
|1 ½ teaspoons dried basil|
|1 ½ teaspoons salt|
|½ teaspoon dried oregano|
|⅛ teaspoon white sugar|
|1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles|
|1 pound small-curd cottage cheese|
|¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|3 large eggs|
|2 teaspoons salt|
|¼ teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1 (16 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese|
- Combine pork and ground beef in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, garlic, basil, salt, oregano, and sugar. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- While the noodles are cooking, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, remaining 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until combined.
- Assemble lasagna: Spread a spoon or two of sauce over the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish just to to coat it. Place two layers of noodles over the sauce to cover. Layer with 1/2 of the cheese mixture, 1/2 of the remaining sauce, and 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers once more using the remaining noodles, cheese mixture, sauce, and mozzarella. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until cheese is golden brown, 5 to 10 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Calories 638 calories, CarbohydrateContent 54 g, CholesterolContent 160.8 mg, FatContent 27.2 g, FiberContent 4.5 g, ProteinContent 45.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 13.4 g, SodiumContent 2053 mg, SugarContent 4.3 g
LASAGNA DOME RECIPE BY TASTY
Provided by: Alix Traeger
Yield: 10 servings
|3 tablespoons olive oil, divided|
|½ medium yellow onion, diced|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 lb ground beef|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon black pepper|
|15 oz tomato sauce|
|3 oz tomato paste|
|15 oz ricotta cheese|
|½ cup fresh basil, chopped|
|1 large egg|
|½ cup parmesan cheese|
|30 lasagna noodles, boiled until al dente|
|2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese|
|2 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|2 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|1 ½ cups milk, hot|
|salt, to taste|
|freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
|¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese|
|fresh basil, chopped, for garnish|
|shredded parmesan cheese, for garnish|
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot over high heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook until starting to brown, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the beef, salt, and pepper. Cook until all of the moisture has evaporated and the meat is starting to brown on the edges, breaking the meat up as you stir, 10-12 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and tomato paste, then reduce the heat to medium and bring the sauce to a simmer. Cook it down until the mixture becomes thick, about 15 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, basil, egg, and Parmesan. Stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Grease a large oven-safe metal bowl with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, then lay about 25 lasagna noodles along the sides and bottom of the bowl, fanning them out in an overlapping pattern. The ends of the noodles should hang over the sides of the bowl.
- Slice the remaining lasagna noodles in half crosswise. These will serve as the layers between the meat and the cheese mixtures.
- Sprinkle half of the mozzarella into the bottom of the bowl on top of the noodles. This will help bind the noodles together when cooked. Spread half of the meat mixture evenly over the mozzarella, then lay half of the cut noodles over the sauce.
- Spread all of the ricotta mixture over the noodles, then layer with the rest of the noodles, then the rest of the mozzarella, and the rest of the meat sauce.
- Fold the edges of the lasagna noodles hanging over the sides of the bowl back towards the center, creating another overlapping pattern.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 45 minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the béchamel: In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the flour and cook, whisking continuously, for about 2 minutes until a paste forms.
- Add the hot milk and continue to whisk as the sauce thickens and comes to a boil. Season with salt and pepper and add the Parmesan. Reduce the heat to low, and cook, still whisking, for 2-3 minutes more.
- Invert the lasagna dome onto a cutting board.
- Pour the béchamel sauce over the dome and top with basil.
- Slice the dome, then top with more Parmesan and basil, if desired.
Calories 519 calories, CarbohydrateContent 24 grams, FatContent 28 grams, FiberContent 2 grams, ProteinContent 32 grams, SugarContent 5 grams