BEST DIOTS DE SAVOIE SAUSAGE RECIPE | SIMPLE. TASTY. GOOD.
Provided by: June d’Arville
Categories: Main Course
Total time: 60 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
|1 small onion|
|2 large diots pork sausages ((or 4 small ones))|
|1 large garlic clove|
|1 cup dry white wine ((240 ml))|
|10 sprigs thyme ((serpolet))|
- Pour some olive oil in a non-stick pan and place it over medium-high heat until the oil is hot. Then add the diots pork sausages.
- Gently bake the diots sausages for 6 minutes until browned on all sides.
- Remove the sausages from the pan and place them on a clean plate for now. Cover with tinfoil. Peel the onion and garlic. Chop them up roughly. Add the garlic and onion to the hot pan together with the (wild) thyme. I tied the sprigs together with some kitchen twine which will make it easier to remove later on. Add some extra olive oil to the pan if necessary.
- Fry the onion and garlic over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes. Then add the browned sausages back to the pan. Season with a little pinch of pepper and salt. Pour in the white wine.
- Bring all the ingredients to a good boil and then turn the heat low. Put a lid on the pan and simmer the onion and sausages for 20 to 25 minutes.
- In the end check the seasoning of the onion sauce and add extra pepper or salt to taste if necessary. Then scoop the braised onions and diots sausages onto deep plates and drizzle with the rest of the white wine sauce that is still in the pan. Serve hot with boiled or baked potatoes.
Calories 519 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving