SHRIMP + CAULIFLOWER “RICE” STUFFED POBLANOS | CLEAN FOOD CRUSH
|1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil|
|3 cloves fresh garlic, minced|
|4 cups riced cauliflower|
|sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon each|
|1 fresh lime, zest AND juice|
|1/4 tsp cayenne pepper|
|1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped|
|1 lb. cooked shrimp (peeled and deveined), chopped into small pieces|
|6-8 medium/large poblano peppers, cut in half lengthways and seeded|
|1/2 cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese|
|fresh lime wedges, to serve|
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees f. and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Heat your oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add in minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the cauliflower rice, and season with sea salt and pepper to your taste.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for about 6-8 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower rice is tender, stir in the lime zest and juice.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with cayenne pepper, cilantro and chopped cooked shrimp.
- Stir well to combine.
- Arrange your poblano halves, cut side up onto the prepared baking tray.
- Stuff your peppers with the cauliflower rice/shrimp mixture, then sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Transfer to your preheated oven and bake for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly and everything is heated through.
- Serve with lime wedges and enjoy!
POBLANO STUFFED WITH CHORIZO, SHRIMP AND RICE RECIPE | GUY FIERI …
Provided by: Guy Fieri Bio & Top Recipes
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 stuffed peppers
|1 tablespoon oil|
|1/2 pound Mexican-style chorizo|
|1/2 red bell pepper, diced|
|1/2 green bell pepper, diced|
|1 jalapeno, minced|
|1 red onion, diced|
|2 tablespoons garlic, minced|
|1 cup short-grain rice|
|1 cup low-sodium chicken stock|
|1/2 cup white wine|
|1/2 cup water|
|4 large, fresh poblano chiles|
|1 pound shrimp, shelled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|3/4 cup Cheddar, shredded|
|3/4 cup Jack cheese, shredded|
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil and chorizo, cook for 3 minutes. Add peppers, jalapeno, onions and garlic. Cook until translucent, then add rice and cook until all the grains of the rice are coated with oil. Add all liquids and stir over high heat for 3 minutes, cover and reduce heat to low. Check rice for doneness after 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place poblano chiles on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Once cool, cut top 1/4 of chile off and remove ribs and seeds.
- When rice is finished cooking, fluff with fork and stir in shrimp. Stuff chiles with 1/6 of the rice mixture. Place all the chiles on baking sheet and place into oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, mix cheeses together and cover pepper with cheese. Broil for 3 minutes to melt and brown the cheese.