GRATIN DAUPHINOIS ORIGINAL RECETTES RECIPE
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 1 hours 50 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings.
|3 tablespoons butter|
|3 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|1-1/2 teaspoons salt|
|1/8 teaspoon pepper|
|2 cups 2% milk|
|1 cup shredded cheddar cheese|
|5 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 6 medium)|
|1/2 cup chopped onion|
|Additional pepper, optional|
“text”: “Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add potatoes and onion., Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake 1 hour. Uncover; bake 30-40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. If desired, top with additional pepper.”
Calories 224 calories, CarbohydrateContent 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, CholesterolContent 35mg cholesterol, FatContent 10g fat (7g saturated fat), FiberContent 2g fiber), ProteinContent 7g protein., SodiumContent 605mg sodium
FRENCH CLASSIC POTATO GRATIN – MY PARISIAN KITCHEN
Provided by: Florence RICHOMME
Categories: Side dish
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 90 minutes
|1 kg potato (yellow-fleshed : Charlotte or Belle de Fontenay, thinely sliced)|
|750 ml whole milk|
|200 gr heavy cream|
|150 gr cheese (gruyère or emmental 150 gr or more according to your taste, grated)|
|50 gr butter|
|1 clove garlic|
|salt and freshly ground pepper|
- Pe-heat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Wash, peel and thinely slice the potatoes.
- Optionnal: peel the garlic clove, cut a small part of it and rub the dish with the cut side.
- With a knob of butter, carefully grease the pan, without missing any spots. Now you can fill in the pan.
- Put half of the potatoes, then cover with 1/3 of the grated cheese. Sprinkle salt.
- Add the remaining potatoes. Pack a bit with your hands. Once more sprinkle salt.
- In a bowl, pour heavy cream and milk. Stir. Sprinkle nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Pour over the potatoes and cover with the remaining cheese. It should almost cover the potatoes.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 1 to 1 hour 30 minutes. Bake until potatoes are fork tender.