PORTUGUESE APPLE CAKE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 1 hours
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 serving(s)
|2 cups flour|
|2 cups sugar|
|1 cup oil|
|1/2 cup milk|
|3 teaspoons baking powder|
|1 teaspoon vanilla|
|3 cups around 6 to 8 apples or 3 cups pears|
|3 tablespoons sugar|
|3 tablespoons cinnamon|
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F (180C).
- Mix together the first seven ingredients. Pour half the mixture in a 8 X 13 pan. Cover with apples or pears. Pour the other half of the mixture and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake around 30 minutes or when a toothpick comes out dry.
- Serve with cream or ice cream.
Calories 646.4, FatContent 30.8, SaturatedFatContent 5.3, CholesterolContent 107.9, SodiumContent 180.4, CarbohydrateContent 88.5, FiberContent 3.4, SugarContent 59.9, ProteinContent 7.1
BEST PORTUGUESE SPONGE CAKE (PÃO DE LÓ) RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE …
Provided by: 177MILKSTREET.COM
Total time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8-10 Servings
|120 grams (1 cup) cake flour|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|⅜ teaspoon table salt|
|4 large eggs, plus 4 large egg yolks|
|2 teaspoons vanilla extract|
|214 grams (1 cup) white sugar|
|¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil|
- Heat the oven to 375° with a rack in the middle position. Cut a 12- to 14-inch round of kitchen parchment.
Mist a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray and line the pan with the parchment round, pushing the paper into the edge and against the sides of the pan, allowing it to form folds and pleats. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat the whole eggs, egg yolks and vanilla on medium until frothy, about 2 minutes. With the mixer running, gradually stream in the sugar. Increase to medium-high and beat until very thick, pale and tripled in volume, about 6 minutes.
- Reduce to medium-low and, with the mixer running, add the flour mixture 1 spoonful at a time, then slowly drizzle in the oil.
Immediately stop the mixer (the oil will not be fully incorporated), detach the bowl and fold with a silicone spatula just until the batter is homogeneous; it will be light, airy and pourable.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until the cake is domed and well-browned, the center jiggles slightly when the pan is gently shaken and a toothpick inserted 2 inches in from the edge comes out clean, 22 to 25 minutes if using a dark-colored pan or 30 to 33 minutes if using a light-colored pan.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack until barely warm, about 1 hour; the cake will deflate as it cools. If areas of the cake’s circumference stick to the sides of the pan, run a knife around the inside of the pan to loosen.
Lift the cake out of the pan using the edges of the parchment or remove the sides of the springform pan. When ready to serve, carefully pull the parchment away from the sides of the cake, then cut into wedges.